Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

FAO Downloaders

IF Music was to be sold cheaper would you stop downloading?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. IF Music was to be sold cheaper would you stop downloading?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends how much cheaper
    • I'd never stop downloading
    • I already buy and don't download anyway

I do download but I download not very often but if music was sold in shops for cheaper I would happily stop downloading all together.

Its never gonna happen :rolleyes: but i'm just saying IF music was to become cheaper what would you do?

I regularly change my views on this topic

Currently I'm buying quite a few CDs - But admitantly mostly from places like Ebay

The new Wanadoo advert featuring Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown has made me think I should get some Black Flag CDs - I have a few albums on vinyl (which live in my loft)

When I searched for Black Flag CDs I found nothing under 12 quid - For stuff I already paid for once (on vinyl) I think that's a bit of a piss take

Another angle I look at it from: In the past I've recorded several albums, most of which have now been licenced out to other labels in various parts of the world and are still on sale now - However I don't ever see any royalties from any of this - I was never involved in music to make money, but the royalties thing bothers me because people who have no right to are making profits off my work - I'd certainly prefer people to download it

• 4 weeks later...
I presume you mean the Wanadoo advert with the headbangers. It's actually a song called 'Now You've Got Something To Die For' by Lamb Of God.

88913[/snapback]

Nope - I mean the Wanadoo advert with the car scrap yard which uses Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown

See This thread for details

I wouldn't stop downloading, I downloaded Tracy Chapman - Fast car today! good luck finding that single in the shops, though if her collection was like £3 I buy it.

But that would never happen would it??

I will continue to do both. I will download to discover new music and get a taster as to what is on an album and then If I like an album i will go out and purchase it. I would purchase a lot more CD's if they were cheaper and my need to download to hear new music would not be as great if it wasn't for the disastoorous state of radio/music Tv in this country.

Archived