Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

A Clockwork Orange

Now.

If you have never seen this, you should watch it ;)

Crazy film. Totally mad.

Woohoo.

78517[/snapback]

Some of us have to wake up early tomorrow morning :(

Now.

If you have never seen this, you should watch it ;)

Crazy film. Totally mad.

Woohoo.

78517[/snapback]

Some of us have to wake up early tomorrow morning :(

78519[/snapback]

:(

Work is silly.

Handed my essay in on the novel the other day, it was very interesting delving into the depths of the plot. I compared it with Brighton Rock by Graham Greene, another good film incidentally, starring our own 'Dickie' Attenborough.

One of my top five films of all time, if people just got over the rape scenes they would realise what a brillinatly made film it is and how interesting they story is.

78672[/snapback]

What a stupid thing to say.

One of my top five films of all time, if people just got over the rape scenes they would realise what a brillinatly made film it is and how interesting they story is.

78672[/snapback]

79160[/snapback]

Why?

It is acting and it is their for an artistic purpose. It may not be particuarly nice to look at but the vulgarity of the charachter is important as it makes it all the more disturbing when you find yourself sympathising with him. Would Kubrick have been able to achieve this without showing the rape scences? I don't think so.

78672[/snapback]

79160[/snapback]

Why?

It is acting and it is their for an artistic purpose. It may not be particuarly nice to look at but the vulgarity of the charachter is important as it makes it all the more disturbing when you find yourself sympathising with him. Would Kubrick have been able to achieve this without showing the rape scences? I don't think so.

79269[/snapback]

For some people, it is the last thing they need to be seeing, that's why.

Archived