lookwhaticando Posted 26 April 2008 Posted 26 April 2008 This guy was brilliant. I'm a big fan of I'm sorry I haven't a clue and a big part of that is down to this guy. The sarcasm, the wit, the Victor Meldrew style rants about this that and the other. Absolutely brilliant. Just a few short years ago, listening to the show, it was hard to believe that he was getting into his eighties and still going strong. ISIHAC just wouldn't be the same without him, and I hope that the BBC does the right thing by him and the team and puts the series to bed. He will be sorely missed. "Humph" dies, aged 86 (BBC).
Head Honcho Posted 26 April 2008 Posted 26 April 2008 This guy was brilliant. I'm a big fan of I'm sorry I haven't a clue and a big part of that is down to this guy. The sarcasm, the wit, the Victor Meldrew style rants about this that and the other. Absolutely brilliant. Just a few short years ago, listening to the show, it was hard to believe that he was getting into his eighties and still going strong. ISIHAC just wouldn't be the same without him, and I hope that the BBC does the right thing by him and the team and puts the series to bed. He will be sorely missed. "Humph" dies, aged 86 (BBC). Not forgetting he was a mean trumpet player also I hope RIP
Nationwider Posted 26 April 2008 Posted 26 April 2008 ISIHAC is one of the funniest things ever. Humph can join Willie Rushton in the great panel game in the sky.
Flynny Posted 27 April 2008 Posted 27 April 2008 Not being a radio listener, I know him best by his contribution to this.
lookwhaticando Posted 27 April 2008 Author Posted 27 April 2008 For anyone unfamiliar with I'm sorry I haven't a clue you should sample a few of the clips the BBC have online. Clue clips. One of the finest being the second of the 'Nottingham' clips. At the start of each episode since about the mid-90s, 'Humph' used to introduce the location - briefly describing the local history and local people & culture. The full introduction to Nottingham (featuring the second clip) was absolutely brilliant, featuring humorous references to Robin Hood, Albert Ball and the Normans. I can also recommend Name That Barcode, the Quick Fire Buzzer Round, Sound Charades (1st one) and Mornington Crescent. :laugh:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.