Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ash

Mattock - To Where ever?

Can you name an "outstanding" 17 year old ? I would normally agree that £2m for a 17 year old is good business but when you look at other 17 / 18 year olds who have left the lower leagues to Prem teams such as Gunter, Ramsey and maybe to a lesser extent Bale and Walcott, then £2m, probably made up of alot of add ons, doesnt actually seem that great.

Ok, so maybe Mattock wasnt a world beater last season, but when you buy a 17 year old your not buying that player, your buying the potential. If that makes sense !

I know what you're saying and for all those names you mentioned I should be able to mention 50 or so who went on to achieve the square root of fook all, I can't though as:

a) My knowledge isn't that good

b) They achieved the square root of fook all and so have been forgotten by all except their dear old mums.

I know that we could end up kicking ourselves but I don't think he was that great, ge was slow at times and made some fooking awful mistakes, and yes he's only 17 but I would take the money, just make sure that add-ons are also included.

Archived