Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ash

Mattock - To Where ever?

On what people are saying,he is worth at least 4-5 million,remember what we paid for steve howard?,and between the two players,there is just no comparison.

If we sold for 1.6 million,what would you get in return?.....foook all,

as no player who is really worth that much would come to league 1,and if we did pay over 1.5 mill for a player to join us in league 1,we have been ripped off,league one has its limits in to what type of players play in this league,and there aint many players worth over a million at a guess.

1.6 million should be a down payment,as a full amount is a total piss take

if it was me,i'd keep him if possible for another season at least

On what people are saying,he is worth at least 4-5 million,remember what we paid for steve howard?,and between the two players,there is just no comparison.

If we sold for 1.6 million,what would you get in return?.....foook all,

as no player who is really worth that much would come to league 1,and if we did pay over 1.5 mill for a player to join us in league 1,we have been ripped off,league one has its limits in to what type of players play in this league,and there aint many players worth over a million at a guess.

1.6 million should be a down payment,as a full amount is a total piss take

if it was me,i'd keep him if possible for another season at least

Depends whether he wants to stay doesn't it.

I think 2.5m would be respectfull, anything less is a slight joke.

i think we could strike a deal, like let him go but we have him back for the year, if he goes to a prem team then surely he wont get a game straight the way, so if we could have hum back, it would help develop him .

there was another deal with a young lad like this wasnt there, cant rememember.. ?

I think 2.5m would be respectfull, anything less is a slight joke.

i think we could strike a deal, like let him go but we have him back for the year, if he goes to a prem team then surely he wont get a game straight the way, so if we could have hum back, it would help develop him .

there was another deal with a young lad like this wasnt there, cant rememember.. ?

Wasn't a young lad but Alan Smith was sold to Arsenal and loaned back to us for the rest of the season, was that the pne you were thinking of?

I know Mattock has played for theEngland U21's and featured for us regularly, but I don't think he's actually done enough yet to be going for a lot of money. I think he needs another season with us to actually see if he will develop into a quality player to be honest. It's not like he stood out majorly, I know he's only 17 and that is why, but he can't have shown enough for a club to be shelling out £3-4 million.

Wasn't a young lad but Alan Smith was sold to Arsenal and loaned back to us for the rest of the season, was that the pne you were thinking of?

nah not him it was quit recent like in the past 2 years or so ...

If we do end up selling Mattock we should try to get him loaned back to us for the year.

At least it would soften the blow.

Why?

He wasn't that good and then we would have to start again next season.

Flog him and use the money to buy a young up and coming who will still be here next season or an oldie with experience to get us out of this division and replace him next season.

Why?

Flog him and use the money to buy a young up and coming who will still be here next season or an oldie with experience to get us out of this division and replace him next season.

Wally!

Why?

Ooh get you, so you don't aqgree with me, try a reasoned arguement rather than abuse.

Why would it be good for us if he was sold to keep him here on loan?

What did he do last season that makes you think he's that great, there are plenty of 17 year olds who have come into our side over the years and eneded up playing 3rd div football for a living.

Ooh get you, so you don't aqgree with me, try a reasoned arguement rather than abuse.

Why would it be good for us if he was sold to keep him here on loan?

What did he do last season that makes you think he's that great, there are plenty of 17 year olds who have come into our side over the years and eneded up playing 3rd div football for a living.

1. Hes an english left back...

2. Hes english and teams will start to look for talent that will blosom when the new 6-5 rule comes in.

3. Hes an up-and-coming talent.

4. who expects him to be amazing at 17 ? even though hes not that bad

1. Hes an english left back...

2. Hes english and teams will start to look for talent that will blosom when the new 6-5 rule comes in.

3. Hes an up-and-coming talent.

4. who expects him to be amazing at 17 ? even though hes not that bad

Those 4 points are actually 2

1. He's english which teams will start to look at IF the 6-5 rule ever comes in.

2. He's a 17 year old with talent, who may continue to improve, but may not (Peake, Buchanan et al).

2 million is good business for a team in Div 3 and he wasn't that outstanding last season.

Does anyone know how long Mattock has on his contract?

I thought he signed a 3 year deal some time last year?

Surely he has 2-2.5 years left?

Why not keep him a year (as his value shouldn't go down and he'll have to keep on playing well to get in the England U21s)

If we get promoted he might stay for another year, if (dare I say it) not we sell him and get some decent money then.

What do you think?

Does anyone know how long Mattock has on his contract?

I thought he signed a 3 year deal some time last year?

Surely he has 2-2.5 years left?

Why not keep him a year (as his value shouldn't go down and he'll have to keep on playing well to get in the England U21s)

If we get promoted he might stay for another year, if (dare I say it) not we sell him and get some decent money then.

What do you think?

Im sure he'd rather be at a team in the prem to develop his game further and make him into a better player.

Those 4 points are actually 2

1. He's english which teams will start to look at IF the 6-5 rule ever comes in.

2. He's a 17 year old with talent, who may continue to improve, but may not (Peake, Buchanan et al).

2 million is good business for a team in Div 3 and he wasn't that outstanding last season.

Can you name an "outstanding" 17 year old ? I would normally agree that £2m for a 17 year old is good business but when you look at other 17 / 18 year olds who have left the lower leagues to Prem teams such as Gunter, Ramsey and maybe to a lesser extent Bale and Walcott, then £2m, probably made up of alot of add ons, doesnt actually seem that great.

Ok, so maybe Mattock wasnt a world beater last season, but when you buy a 17 year old your not buying that player, your buying the potential. If that makes sense !

Mattock's departure would be the least of my worries.

Had I been manager he wouldn't even have played for the first team yet, other than perhaps in a cup match or two or as a substitute, for development puirposes.

Mattock to me remains promising. Nothing more.

His performance in the FA Youth Cup against Crystal Palace gave me most heart. He really did drive down that left flank and involve himself with everything that went on in what was an excellent team performance.

But he's been far more inhibited in the first team and what indication is there that he would be given more freedom in future? None.

Yes, he's offered support going forward and played his part in what remained a miserly defence whether he was in the team or otherwise.

But as the sort of attacking full-back I'd want his contribution has remained generally inconsequential.

That's not to say he won't adjust in time. I think he will.

But I don't see how Leicester City will benefit from waiting with the speed they've been falling down the League.

Sell him on with some add ons for achievement would be my decision.

Sheehan was good enough to help Leeds into the play-offs, Beswick is coming through and I am sure there are other left-backs around if we need to sign another.

Archived