Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

American Sport

Wasn't Ice Hockey invented by the Canadians or the Russians? :ermm::unsure:;)

I don't like American sports.  They tend to be bastardisations of other games, with overly complicated rules, which therefore make them exciting only to the Americans.

American football, for example, has an hour's playing time, but is split into quarters which are spread out due to the stop start nature of the game.  It goes on and on and on and on and on......I get bored so easily!

Any World Series which consists of teams representing cities in the States only has to be a farce.

Please note that this is only my opinion!

92546[/snapback]

totally agree with you about the americans

92739[/snapback]

Aha!! Thought so!

Nice to see the Commonwealth Brethren sticking together!! (As a girl, would I be included, technically..... :unsure: )

Wasn't Ice Hockey invented by the Canadians or the Russians[/b]? :ermm::unsure:;)

I don't like American sports.  They tend to be bastardisations of other games, with overly complicated rules, which therefore make them exciting only to the Americans.

American football, for example, has an hour's playing time, but is split into quarters which are spread out due to the stop start nature of the game.  It goes on and on and on and on and on......I get bored so easily!

Any World Series which consists of teams representing cities in the States only has to be a farce.

Please note that this is only my opinion!

I heard it was invented by British Immigrants in Canada :thumbup:

I like Ice Hockey the best out of the sports mentioned, American Football is for wimps, it's like playing rugby in some sort of padded room with pillow's strapped to you, it's for fairies.

I heard it was invented by British Immigrants in Canada  :thumbup:

I like Ice Hockey the best out of the sports mentioned, American FootballFootball is for wimps, it's like playing rugby in some sort of padded room with pillow's strapped to you, it's for fairies.

93165[/snapback]

Actually its completely different to rugby, and the reason they wear pads is because too many people were dieing playing the sport during the 1930's so the President then banned the game until they could resolve a way to reduce the number of casualties

• 2 weeks later...
It's the first Sunday night baseball tonight isn't it?

98197[/snapback]

I do believe it is FNQ :thumbup:

98222[/snapback]

Do you know what game it is? Do you have a team?

98225[/snapback]

I half support the Minnesota Twins, but im not the biggest fan but i look out for their results. Im not sure what game it is. But i think its either the Cleveland Indians @ Seattle Mariners or the Milwaukee Brewers @ San Francisco Giants.

I beg your pardon, its the LA Dodgers v Oakland Athletics

Major League Baseball Live! (Sport)

Time - 01:10 - 04:05 (2 hours and 55 minutes long)

When - Monday 25th April on channel five

LA Dodgers V Oakland Athletics.

Major League Baseball presented by Jonathan Gould and David Lengel with a clash of West Coast rivals as the Oakland Athletics take on the LA Dodgers. The whole game live plus a complete roundup of the week's action and news.

Archived