Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Nigel, Manderic and next season

A bit pessimistic I think. It is not a forgone conclusion by any means, but to miss automatic promotion from here would take a quite exceptional cock up, even by our standards.

We easily have the best squad in this division, but they are young and lacking in experience. They find it hard to change a game when things are not going in their favour and can be bullied off their game.

Despite this I think we really should get this done.

ah mate dont get me wrong, i think wev played well this year and i expect us to win the league, just dont want us to fall away. The way wer going, wer gonna get 104 points! But look at wolves now - 6 weeks ago you would have been crazy to think that they wouldnt get automatic promotion, now theyre only a few points clear and could easily finish 3rd.

I just dont like it when peeps put pressure on us to be finishing high in the championship next season when i think we should be getting out heads down and reaching the 90 point target.

I also think we defo need to make sure that we replace all the loan signings that will leave at the end of the season as we have about 3 loanees starting for us each week. We defo need another stiker or two aswel cus after fryatt and howard, wer down to the bare bones. We cant just hope that both will stay fit and on form all of next season.

ah mate dont get me wrong, i think wev played well this year and i expect us to win the league, just dont want us to fall away. The way wer going, wer gonna get 104 points! But look at wolves now - 6 weeks ago you would have been crazy to think that they wouldnt get automatic promotion, now theyre only a few points clear and could easily finish 3rd.

I just dont like it when peeps put pressure on us to be finishing high in the championship next season when i think we should be getting out heads down and reaching the 90 point target.

I also think we defo need to make sure that we replace all the loan signings that will leave at the end of the season as we have about 3 loanees starting for us each week. We defo need another stiker or two aswel cus after fryatt and howard, wer down to the bare bones. We cant just hope that both will stay fit and on form all of next season.

We are very definitely taking this one season at a time. Our current squad is there to get us promoted, there is no sign that we are trying to build for next season in the Championship. Baring a real disaster, they should manage this.

HOWEVER, Martin, Hobbs, Gilbert, Cleverly return to their clubs, Powell, Edworthy, Hayles, Dickov. collect their pension, Henderson back to Australia, 8 players gone and that is before any of our better players get poached by a bigger club!

We will need at least 8/9 new players to come in to our matchday squad and the quality of these players will depend on the money NP has to spend.

More money >>> better players. Better players >>> better chance of a good season. Simple as!

Archived