Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Nigel, Manderic and next season

IF we go up, I wonder what Milan will say to Nigel... fight relegation, mid table, playoffs, promotion?

I wonder how much patience he'll have and how much money he'll make available.

It'll be a big step next season and the team will probably look a lot different to how it does now.

The guy on Big League Weekend 1 made a good observation. He said NP has made us realise that we're a league 1 club, rather than like Leeds, still thinking we're a prem club.

I really hope Manderic is patient next season. What's everyone's thoughts? Would you be happy with mid table next season?

i'd be happy with mid table next season, but would expect the club to use that as a launchpad for the following season.

mandaric wants a quick return to the top flight, but i think when it comes down to it hes quite realistic in our limitations etc.

i expect he'll make funds available, and i'd expect NP to continue spending wisely.

I can see us surviving a relegation battle next season. Obviously hope I am wrong and we can do a Bristol City and fight up the League to Play-Offs. That would be a dream.

Lets get there and see what happens. I am having a cheeky guess at Forest first away game of the season.

I am hoping for a consolidating season. Stay up a build for a push the year after, successive promotions can be bad. Wouldn't turn it down but ideally anything between 10th-14th would be good. Certainly give Nigel the time he needs.

I think MM has to be realistic, and as eager as he is to get to the Prem, next season is all about consolidation in the Championship. I would be happy just to steer well clear of the dreaded relegation zone next season. Anything from a mid table finish to a sniff of the play offs would be more than satisfactory in my book.

Nige needs time to build, and if and when we get to the Prem, we need to be prepared. I'd love to get successive promotions but I want us to be able to compete when we get there and as good as we've been this season, we are still a million miles away from a team capable of competing in the Premier League.

What we need to see is progress. Promotion this season would be progress as would staying up next season. I'd like to think we could make the Prem within the next 3 years, hopefully with the big man at the helm.

i'd be happy with mid table next season, but would expect the club to use that as a launchpad for the following season.

mandaric wants a quick return to the top flight, but i think when it comes down to it hes quite realistic in our limitations etc.

i expect he'll make funds available, and i'd expect NP to continue spending wisely.

yeah I think we need to find the balance of not asking too much, but also remembering that we have excellent facilities and the fan base over most clubs in the championship.

I agree, I think next season we need need to have limited expectations.

his 3 year plan was based on us being a championship club, yes?

so it would be unfair of him to expect promotion next season, but if we get the right players and get a good start, maybe they might believe it to be a possiblity.

i'm not convinced that the championship is THAT fabulous, i think the top few teams tend to be in a different class to the rest, as with us and L1 and as you find in the prem.

but, seriously, i just want to get there first.

I want twats to stop presuming were going up, i mean anything could happen just shut up and well talk about it if we do go up :frusty:

You've supported leicester since you were a nipper, so you've probably only known life in League 1 anyway. It's bedtime for you I think...

Mid table mediocrity would be an achievement next season. If we do a Swansea, or even a Bristol City, then I'd be over the moon but realistically a 10th-14th finish would be good.

As long as we don't fight yet another bloody relegation battle.

Still very early to be talking about next season yet, but should we get promoted to the Championship I just want us to be competing and not facing a season like last. I never want to go through all of that crap again.

I'm not even that bothered about promotion (obviously it would be a huge bonus), all I'd like is for us to gain to a fairly respectable position in the league and actually compete. It's such an unpredictable division that anything can happen.

I can't see us not going up this year at this stage, and I already can't wait for the championship. That said, our squad will look completely different as all the loan signings will have gone. Hopefully NP will be able to make some decent signings on perm deals.

I'll be happy if we stay up next season, successive promotions could be bad news if we're not ready. Look at Derby, they were never ready for the Prem but went up and were useless, and their still recovering from the fallout. Mid table/non relegation will do me nicely.

That said, everyone knows we're a great club, and I think one on the up now so who knows who NP might be able to sign!

My thoughts exactly.

a good solid mid table, next year please! pushing for promotion again to the prem will lead to a derby-esque season of misery! :frusty:

Archived