Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Nigel, Manderic and next season

I think that a realistic expectation is for us to be challenging for the play offs..... I can't imagine MM wanting or settling for anything less.

I think this is a reasonable question to ask and is a good discussion - which is what a forum is for. Can i suggest if you don't think it is then you just don't respond and read something else ... calling the guy a twat for posing a question seems ridiculous.

Also it might seem like pointless crystal ball gazing without knowledge of next season's squad etc .... but the club will still have a business plan and will have an expectation of what will be achieved so that resources can be allocated to that goal. Planning will be well under way around the expectation for next season which is very real - so this thread is about guessing what that expectation is.... where's the harm in that???

[b]IF we go up[/b], I wonder what Milan will say to Nigel... fight relegation, mid table, playoffs, promotion?

I wonder how much patience he'll have and how much money he'll make available.

It'll be a big step next season and the team will probably look a lot different to how it does now.

The guy on Big League Weekend 1 made a good observation. He said NP has made us realise that we're a league 1 club, rather than like Leeds, still thinking we're a prem club.

I really hope Manderic is patient next season. What's everyone's thoughts? Would you be happy with mid table next season?

I want twats to stop presuming were going up, i mean anything could happen just shut up and well talk about it if we do go up :frusty:

hence the word if

a) We've not won promotion yet.

b) It would be more relevent to assess our chances when we know what sort of squad we've got and have watched a few friendlies.

Right now it is all crystal ball gazing.

as above :thumbup:

b) It would be more relevent to assess our chances when we know what sort of squad we've got and have watched a few friendlies.

I'm sorry Tharcian, but when have friendlies ever been relevent to how well we do in a season! The amount of times we've been on fire preseason and then turned to shit is unbelievable.

The thread wasn't meant to be a prediction thread. I was more trying to bring Milan to the table, and see how he will manage NP next season.

I just hope we get to go back to the Briatannia next season. Unfinished business.

Yeaaaaah....we're gonna get you Soverign

I'd just like to compete to be honest, go to aways knowing we will attack not sit back at fooking Carrow road for a 0-0. If we get beat trying to win the game so be it. It's not like promotion to the premiership is exaclty appealing at the moment.

We've got to go in that division full of Confidence, Not like your Donnys or your Forest's that have only just realised that they can get results. I'd take midtable to top half. I'd be happy with five decent signins and I still think we miss Fulop, as funny as it sounds. Three experienced players and keep developing the wingers. Oh and I'd sell Fryatt also.

I think that a realistic expectation is for us to be challenging for the play offs..... I can't imagine MM wanting or settling for anything less.

I think this is a reasonable question to ask and is a good discussion - which is what a forum is for. Can i suggest if you don't think it is then you just don't respond and read something else ... calling the guy a twat for posing a question seems ridiculous.

Also it might seem like pointless crystal ball gazing without knowledge of next season's squad etc .... but the club will still have a business plan and will have an expectation of what will be achieved so that resources can be allocated to that goal. Planning will be well under way around the expectation for next season which is very real - so this thread is about guessing what that expectation is.... where's the harm in that???

That is the nub of the issue.

We already know from this season that we are taking things one season at a time. With our loan players returning to their clubs, players retiring and one or two moving on we will need 8/9 NEW players for a match day squad of 16/17.

The quality of the side will be determined by the strength of these players, which will in turn depend on the funds available to NP.

Ample funds, promotion challenge - Inadequate funds, relegation battle.

Simple as! Down to MM and the size of his wallet.

agree with you completely - how the hell can anyone predict what the squad will be next season? little point in having this thread....

agree with you completely - how the hell can anyone predict what the squad will be next season? little point in having this thread....

If you read the opening post, it never asked anyone to predict what the squad will be next season... :dunno:

We already know from this season that we are taking things one season at a time. With our loan players returning to their clubs, players retiring and one or two moving on we will need 8/9 NEW players for a match day squad of 16/17.

The quality of the side will be determined by the strength of these players, which will in turn depend on the funds available to NP.

And his ambition ..... how much of that wallet he's willing to risk.

His wallet's big enough, I think it's more a case of how much will he be prepared to 'lend' the club. There seems no doubt in my mind that this is what is happening, he will want to ensure that he has a chance of those 'loans' being repaid either by success on the pitch or failing that through selling the club at some later date.

The gamble at the moment is we desperately need success because without it he'll not get his money back and more than that we could go under.

Admittedly a rather melodramatic scenario but so much of what Mandaric's doing is gambling our future and his loans on us getting into the Premier League sharpish.

i think this is all very premature. granted we have been the best team in the league, but the season isnt even 2/3rds the way through yet. we have a few relatively easy games coming up but we have an extremely difficult few fixtures after that.

Saturday, 14 February 2009 - Leicester v Swindon, 15:00

Tuesday, 17 February 2009 - Hartlepool v Leicester, 19:45

Saturday, 21 February 2009 - Bristol Rovers v Leicester, 15:00 - these three should be quite easy. 7-9 points id say

Saturday, 28 February 2009 - MK Dons v Leicester, 15:00 - arguably the best team in league 1 after us

Tuesday, 03 March 2009 - Leicester v Stockport, 19:45 - held us to a draw earlier in the season

Saturday, 07 March 2009 - Leicester v Cheltenham, 15:00 - should be a victory

Wednesday, 11 March 2009 - Tranmere v Leicester, 19:45 - theve got 13 points from their last 5 home games

Saturday, 14 March 2009 - Millwall v Leicester, 15:00 - only 6 points off us if they win their 3 games in hand

Saturday, 21 March 2009 - Leicester v Colchester, 15:00 - just got manager of the month

Saturday, 28 March 2009 - Peterborough v Leicester, 12:00 - arguably the best team in league 1 after us

id take 10-12 points from those last 7 matches. If we struggle in them we could easily find ourselves 3rd or 4th. I think we should concentrate on getting promoted for now and think about next season in august.

but for the record, if we do get promoted, i think we should push for the playoffs but stick with pearson even if we struggle and finish 20th.

i think this is all very premature. granted we have been the best team in the league, but the season isnt even 2/3rds the way through yet. we have a few relatively easy games coming up but we have an extremely difficult few fixtures after that.

Saturday, 14 February 2009 - Leicester v Swindon, 15:00

Tuesday, 17 February 2009 - Hartlepool v Leicester, 19:45

Saturday, 21 February 2009 - Bristol Rovers v Leicester, 15:00 - these three should be quite easy. 7-9 points id say

Saturday, 28 February 2009 - MK Dons v Leicester, 15:00 - arguably the best team in league 1 after us

Tuesday, 03 March 2009 - Leicester v Stockport, 19:45 - held us to a draw earlier in the season

Saturday, 07 March 2009 - Leicester v Cheltenham, 15:00 - should be a victory

Wednesday, 11 March 2009 - Tranmere v Leicester, 19:45 - theve got 13 points from their last 5 home games

Saturday, 14 March 2009 - Millwall v Leicester, 15:00 - only 6 points off us if they win their 3 games in hand

Saturday, 21 March 2009 - Leicester v Colchester, 15:00 - just got manager of the month

Saturday, 28 March 2009 - Peterborough v Leicester, 12:00 - arguably the best team in league 1 after us

id take 10-12 points from those last 7 matches. If we struggle in them we could easily find ourselves 3rd or 4th. I think we should concentrate on getting promoted for now and think about next season in august.

but for the record, if we do get promoted, i think we should push for the playoffs but stick with pearson even if we struggle and finish 20th.

A bit pessimistic I think. It is not a forgone conclusion by any means, but to miss automatic promotion from here would take a quite exceptional cock up, even by our standards.

We easily have the best squad in this division, but they are young and lacking in experience. They find it hard to change a game when things are not going in their favour and can be bullied off their game.

Despite this I think we really should get this done.

His wallet's big enough, I think it's more a case of how much will he be prepared to 'lend' the club. There seems no doubt in my mind that this is what is happening, he will want to ensure that he has a chance of those 'loans' being repaid either by success on the pitch or failing that through selling the club at some later date.

The gamble at the moment is we desperately need success because without it he'll not get his money back and more than that we could go under.

Admittedly a rather melodramatic scenario but so much of what Mandaric's doing is gambling our future and his loans on us getting into the Premier League sharpish.

Quite so.... :thumbup:

Just a matter of how big his balls are when it comes to backing his investment. :whistle:

I think MM has to be realistic, and as eager as he is to get to the Prem, next season is all about consolidation in the Championship. I would be happy just to steer well clear of the dreaded relegation zone next season. Anything from a mid table finish to a sniff of the play offs would be more than satisfactory in my book.

Nige needs time to build, and if and when we get to the Prem, we need to be prepared. I'd love to get successive promotions but I want us to be able to compete when we get there and as good as we've been this season, we are still a million miles away from a team capable of competing in the Premier League.

What we need to see is progress. Promotion this season would be progress as would staying up next season. I'd like to think we could make the Prem within the next 3 years, hopefully with the big man at the helm.

Milan will still be pushing the 3 year plan which is still on, and desperate to get back to the Prem at the first attempt.

Im not to fussed, ive enjoyed League one, so if we ended up back here i wouldn't be as angry as i was the first time round.

I personally want us to be steady in between 8th and 14th place always within a good run away from a play off place.

Dont want us to be out of the playoff race half way through the season like previous ones.

We haven't even been in a playoff spot for 1 single game, not even after 1 match of the season have we made the top 6.

Micky Adams resigned because we were in 12th in the Championship :crylaugh:

I don't even think we have got much higher than that ever, we always lost the 1st game of the season :P

I can't see us not going up this year at this stage, and I already can't wait for the championship. That said, our squad will look completely different as all the loan signings will have gone. Hopefully NP will be able to make some decent signings on perm deals.

I'll be happy if we stay up next season, successive promotions could be bad news if we're not ready. Look at Derby, they were never ready for the Prem but went up and were useless, and their still recovering from the fallout. Mid table/non relegation will do me nicely.

That said, everyone knows we're a great club, and I think one on the up now so who knows who NP might be able to sign!

but for ever derby there is a hull :dunno:

one of the best things about this season has been mathematical safety, if/when we go up, next year i'd take that as early as possible and anything else will be a bonus.

MM ain't an idiot, he knows he's hit paydirt with NP, anything bar complete relegation form, i think he'll be reasonably content.

Mid table mediocrity would be an achievement next season. If we do a Swansea, or even a Bristol City, then I'd be over the moon but realistically a 10th-14th finish would be good.

As long as we don't fight yet another bloody relegation battle.

[Why is it unrealistic to expect to do well. Theris always 1 side who comes up and does well so why cant it be us

Archived