Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Derby Preview

No we didnt, but it wouldnt matter to you anyway. Blake and Benjamin probably wont be here next summer so its going to be alll change yet again. I think if we added some youth to the team we'd be so much better off.

Obviously not.

11299[/snapback]

I cant't see why Tommy Wright will improve the team? Stearman IMO will, but not yet maybe in a season or so as I think 16 is to young for someone to be playing first team football regually.

Blake didnt improve the team yesterday so its one rule for one and another for the other it seems.

11302[/snapback]

i don't think Blake should start though. I think our striker order goes...

Connolly

Dublin

Benji

Blake

Wright

Wwhat do you reckon?

I think you're wrong, Blake shouldnt of even been brought here. And for him to start yesterday when he said himself he was nowhere near match fitness was a terrible decision by Adams, but luckily he made up for it bringing on the subs.

I think you're wrong, Blake shouldnt of even been brought here. And for him to start yesterday when he said himself he was nowhere near match fitness was a terrible decision by Adams, but luckily he made up for it bringing on the subs.

11305[/snapback]

IMO Blake is not starting material but With injuries and suspension you can sometime find yoorself in a situation. Its allright saying bring in the young 'uns but player an unproven youngster for x amount of games is not a great idea. Blake is usefull when people are missing, and that is why he's here.

And I know I keep refering to this but when you have an injured or suspended striker whats the beter option an experianced international or a unproven striker who could only score 3 goals for Brentford in a loan period that lasted most of the season?

I have to agree with Petrescu here - I would certainly have Wright ahead of Blake at the moment, merely because the former has had a pre season. Blake was so off the pace last night, plus there were times when he just couldn't be bothered.

If you get a fully fit Blake, then the situation would be different. Blake is proven at this level, I think he scored about 11 goals in 20 odd games last time in this division. Although, I still felt the wages that were spent on him perhaps could have been used more wisely for a different area of the squad such as midfield. Connolly, Dublin, Scowcroft and Benjamin are all capable of scoring goals at this level, and then you have Tommy Wright who scored a few goals from a few starts.

Archived