Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Rapist wins £7m

A rapist serving a life sentence in prison has sparked outrage after landing a £7 million lottery jackpot.

Iorworth Hoare, 52, was on temporary release staying at a Middlesbrough bail hostel when he won his £7,039,469 fortune in last Saturday's Lotto Extra draw.

Other prisoners said Hoare looked "really smug" when he told them of his luck and reportedly said: "I'm made for life now."

He added: "I'm going to be sound for the rest of my life. I'll do well from here on in till the day I die."

But he cannot spend it until he gets out - prison rules prevent any inmate spending more than £2 a day even if he has millions to his name.

Hoare, formerly of Seacroft Gate, Leeds, was jailed for life at Leeds Crown Court in 1989 for attempting to rape a 60-year-old woman in a park in the city.

According to newspaper reports, Hoare, a coal miner's son, began a series of sex attacks while he was still in his 20s and was sentenced to a total of 18 years.

His catalogue of crimes include one rape, two attempted rapes and three indecent assaults.

Under Home Office guidelines prisoners in open conditions - on a day release or community project - are allowed to take part in the lottery and claim prizes. They can also play the football pools and buy Premium Bonds.

Before the win, Hoare was a category D prisoner at Leyhill open prison and was spending weekend leave at Middlesbrough. Following the win, he was moved to a closed prison in Somerset for "security and his own safety".

:rolleyes::blink:

Guest Daniel

Crazy really, he whispered to his cell mate 'Im made for life' and laughed his head off.

Its a crazy world we live in.

He should be made to give a proportion of those winnings to his victims.

The remainder should then go to victim support groups, especially ones like Rape Crisis.

Then, if I had my way, men like this would not be allowed back into society with their testicles intact.

Archived