Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

liverpool v chelsea

Liverpool were solid defensively, Chelsea were unable to break through them. Long balls to Drogba, what was that all about?? Robben comes on to give them some much needed width but then proceeds to play in central midfield. Why??

Drogba and Kezman are truly truly shocking, what a load of shite they were.

Anyway, it was never a goal, but should've been a penalty instead.

102752[/snapback]

It was the most boring and uninspiring match I've seen in a long while. And honestly, I'm gutted Liverpool have gone through having hardly played any FOOTBALL!! <_<

Having said that, Chelsea were very poor, and Drogba had a bad off day. Actually, I'd struggle to name anyone that played well for Chelsea... Robben was a complete disaster when he came on, losing every ball, and crossing to a Liverpool player EVERY time, while I still don't understand why Gudjohnsen plays deep in behind Drogba. It was so glaringly obvious, that they were never going to get through with one attacker and no width!

On the other hand, Liverpools backline were always under control. All in the back four were impressive, while Riise was man of the match for me. I didn't expect them to play forward minded football, but this was exaggerated! Fair play to them for beating Chelsea, but I certainly WON'T be rooting for a team that plays this dull football! <_<

102848[/snapback]

I agree that Liverpool were so negative and boring, but we have seen Chelsea annihilate teams this season who attack them and leave themselves short at the back. Liverpool had to be cautious and solid, especially after they scored. If the game had stayed 0-0 for the first half I'm sure Liverpool would have come out of their shell a little, but there was no need when they went a goal up.

Besides, I don't think you'd be complaining if Leicester beat Chelsea in a similar fashion. It's all about results at the end; pretty, open, attacking football doesn't always yield the best results - that's something Italian teams have taught us over the years.

103064[/snapback]

Of course I wouldn't be complaining. I'm a neutral footie fan when it comes to European matches (as it might be some time before we get back there :P).

And yes, Italian teams have taught the rest that cautious defensive football can yield results, but that's not what football should be about. Hence, everytime a boring destructive team wins, it's another defeat for football...

Archived