Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

liverpool v chelsea

LIVERPOOL: Dudek, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore, Hamann, Garcia, Gerrard, Riise, Biscan, Baros.

SUBS: Carson, Kewell, Smicer, Nunez, Warnock, Welsh, Cisse.

CHELSEA: Cech, Gallas, Carvalho, Terry, Geremi, Makelele, Lampard, Cole, Tiago, Drogba, Gudjohnsen.

SUBS: Cudicini, Johnson, Huth, Morais, Robben, Kezman, Forssell.

Come on Liverpool

smicer on the bench? how does he do it? you ask any liverpool fan they all can't stand the guy!

but seriously liverpool's bench looksa bit weak considering kewell is very out of sorts and cisse still finding his feet after injury they've not got too many good attacking options to throw on if they're behind.

Oh god everyone will here about this for the next 20 years. Liverpool fans still think they have the best team in England because of the '80's. They could get relegated next season and stil think they are the biggest club in the world.

Still not sure if it was a goal either.

Having said that... well done to them and good luck.

Liverpool were solid defensively, Chelsea were unable to break through them. Long balls to Drogba, what was that all about?? Robben comes on to give them some much needed width but then proceeds to play in central midfield. Why??

Drogba and Kezman are truly truly shocking, what a load of shite they were.

Anyway, it was never a goal, but should've been a penalty instead.

Liverpool were solid defensively, Chelsea were unable to break through them. Long balls to Drogba, what was that all about?? Robben comes on to give them some much needed width but then proceeds to play in central midfield. Why??

102752[/snapback]

It was the most boring and uninspiring match I've seen in a long while. And honestly, I'm gutted Liverpool have gone through having hardly played any FOOTBALL!! <_<

Having said that, Chelsea were very poor, and Drogba had a bad off day. Actually, I'd struggle to name anyone that played well for Chelsea... Robben was a complete disaster when he came on, losing every ball, and crossing to a Liverpool player EVERY time, while I still don't understand why Gudjohnsen plays deep in behind Drogba. It was so glaringly obvious, that they were never going to get through with one attacker and no width!

On the other hand, Liverpools backline were always under control. All in the back four were impressive, while Riise was man of the match for me. I didn't expect them to play forward minded football, but this was exaggerated! Fair play to them for beating Chelsea, but I certainly WON'T be rooting for a team that plays this dull football! <_<

Scoring after 4 minutes would have affected the way Liverpool played, what was Chelsea's excuse? They pretty much only need to score to win!

Scoring after 4 minutes would have affected the way Liverpool played, what was Chelsea's excuse? They pretty much only need to score to win!

102851[/snapback]

Well Benitez laid out an effective tactical plan...Their midfield sat so deep, right in front of the area, with maximum 5m between the two defensive lines, and it worked. Chelsea won't have an excuse... they just didn't perform on the day. And for some reason they lacked any kind of incisiveness and creativity along with little cohesion and patience. Oh well... Chelseas games were fun to watch while they lasted...

102851[/snapback]

Well Benitez laid out an effective tactical plan...Their midfield sat so deep, right in front of the area, with maximum 5m between the two defensive lines, and it worked. Chelsea won't have an excuse... they just didn't perform on the day. And for some reason they lacked any kind of incisiveness and creativity along with little cohesion and patience. Oh well... Chelseas games were fun to watch while they lasted...

102852[/snapback]

Chelsea imply that they will play 433, I saw no indication of that last night as both teams had just one player up front Baros and Drogba and one player behind them in Garcia and Cole. I thought Chelsea were negative not just under-performing.

Whilst I have no sympathies for Liverpool, I am glad they won - Basically because I dislike Chelsea

I dislike Chelsea because of:

Right wing fan base with strong links to UK nazi groups and Irish paramilitaries

General arragance of fans (I know that's true of most top clubs)

Buying sucess (OK so I wouldn't complain if some fool came in and bank rolled Leicester)

Drogba - Don't think I've seen a player whinge moan and complain (not to mention encourage refs to card opponants) as much as him for years - He really does piss me off

Also last week at work I had to put up with the most mardy Evertonian on earth - Constantly going on about a nil-nil at The Bridge meant Liverpool were as good as out - he'll be a barrel of laughs this week!

102752[/snapback]

It was the most boring and uninspiring match I've seen in a long while. And honestly, I'm gutted Liverpool have gone through having hardly played any FOOTBALL!! <_<

Having said that, Chelsea were very poor, and Drogba had a bad off day. Actually, I'd struggle to name anyone that played well for Chelsea... Robben was a complete disaster when he came on, losing every ball, and crossing to a Liverpool player EVERY time, while I still don't understand why Gudjohnsen plays deep in behind Drogba. It was so glaringly obvious, that they were never going to get through with one attacker and no width!

On the other hand, Liverpools backline were always under control. All in the back four were impressive, while Riise was man of the match for me. I didn't expect them to play forward minded football, but this was exaggerated! Fair play to them for beating Chelsea, but I certainly WON'T be rooting for a team that plays this dull football! <_<

102848[/snapback]

I agree that Liverpool were so negative and boring, but we have seen Chelsea annihilate teams this season who attack them and leave themselves short at the back. Liverpool had to be cautious and solid, especially after they scored. If the game had stayed 0-0 for the first half I'm sure Liverpool would have come out of their shell a little, but there was no need when they went a goal up.

Besides, I don't think you'd be complaining if Leicester beat Chelsea in a similar fashion. It's all about results at the end; pretty, open, attacking football doesn't always yield the best results - that's something Italian teams have taught us over the years.

Archived