Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeh

Kayleigh Allen!

Just found out today that a girl at our school died monday! She had an amputated leg and the school had raised over 4k i think in charity events to help her get a new prospetic leg!

R.I.P

It was in yesterday's Mecury - a very sad situation.

TEENAGER LOSES HER FIGHT FOR LIFE

BY ANDREW WHITAKER

10:30 - 06 May 2005

A teenager who touched the hearts of hundreds has lost her battle with cancer.

Kayleigh Allen died peacefully at her home in New Parks surrounded by family and friends on Monday night.

The 16-year-old was diagnosed with Ewing's sarcoma last year - a bone cancer found in children and young adults.

After months of chemotherapy, she had to have her left leg amputated below the knee.

Kayleigh was diagnosed with cancer in other parts of her body and treatment was stopped in February.

The family has been inundated with cards and bouquets from friends of Kayleigh.

Mum Julie Bishop has promised a colourful send-off for her daughter, including a horse-drawn-carriage taking Kayleigh to St Aidan's Church in Oswalds Road, New Parks, on Tuesday.

The funeral service in the church, where Kayleigh was christened, will include a playing of the song I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston and music from some of the teenager's favourite bands, including Girls Aloud and Westlife.

Julie said: "She lived her life to the full and was always great fun to be around for everyone who knew her."

When Kayleigh had to have her left leg amputated below the knee, friends and family rallied round to raise the £5,500 funds to pay for it.

A mystery donor even gave more than £2,000 after hearing of her plight, to help pay for the needed for a specially-made artificial limb.

Kayleigh's death comes the week before she was due to attend an awards ceremony for the Citizen of the Year, for which she had been nominated.

Leicester's Lord Mayor Piara Singh Clair named her his Citizen of the Month for November last year and had invited her to a ceremony next Wednesday.

Coun Singh Clair said: "It's very sad that she's no longer with us and my heart goes out to her family."

Kayleigh, who was a student at Rawlins Community College in Quorn, is also survived by her four brothers, Ryan, 13, Kieran, 10, Callum, nine, and Daniel, seven.

Archived