Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

EXIT Festival Tragedy

http://www.javno.com/en-world/briton-falls...val-dies_269766

Briton Falls Off Fortress At EXIT Festival

The young man died in an accident which took place outside the secured festival space.

British citizen Anthony Fisk (22) of London died on the second day of the EXIT music festival in Novi Sad, Serbia as he fell down from the Petrovaradin Fortress, Belgrade media report Saturday.

Investigative judge of the Novi Sad District court Nenad Simovic said that the accident took place at 2 a.m. Simovic added that the police performed the inquest and that “there were no indications of foul play”.

The young man`s body was transported to the Vojvodina Clinical centre in Novi Sad, where an autopsy will be performed.

A press release of the festival organisers announces that the young man died in an accident which took place outside the secured festival space, as he fell down from the Petrovaradin Fortress, which he was trying to climb.

As the paramedics informed them of the event, the organisers rushed to the site, where they were told that the young man`s injuries were fatal.

- Although the accident happened outside the festival, we are exceptionally saddened and our hearts go out to Anthony`s family and friends – general manager of the festival Bojan Boskovic said.

:(

Sad news, suppose to be a good dance festival. Im sure James said he attended a while back.

Man that festival is cursed or something. Someone died in the campsite last year literally a few metres away from me when a massive branch fell off a tree and landed on their tent while they were sleeping. I won't forget the noise when the branch hit the ground for a long time. To be honest the fortress itself is an absolutely amazing venue but there are parts that you have to take care on so this doesn't surprise me that much. Our approach to health and safety doesn't extend to Serbia.

Man that festival is cursed or something. Someone died in the campsite last year literally a few metres away from me when a massive branch fell off a tree and landed on their tent while they were sleeping. I won't forget the noise when the branch hit the ground for a long time. To be honest the fortress itself is an absolutely amazing venue but there are parts that you have to take care on so this doesn't surprise me that much. Our approach to health and safety doesn't extend to Serbia.

Jesus that sounds horrible.

Im guessing you knew something was wrong when the branch went down or was it a case of too mashed up and next morning realised the full extent?

Im going to try and reach this next year still. Been wanting to go for a few years now.

How much did it cost you roughly for tickets, flights? Did you bring a tent and kit or did you just get it all out there?

Jesus that sounds horrible.

Im guessing you knew something was wrong when the branch went down or was it a case of too mashed up and next morning realised the full extent?

Im going to try and reach this next year still. Been wanting to go for a few years now.

How much did it cost you roughly for tickets, flights? Did you bring a tent and kit or did you just get it all out there?

It happened about 10 in the morning, we were all up drinking. One of my mates went over to have a look and wished she hadn't. Not nice.

Festival ticket was £70, camping pass was £14. Flights were about £100 to Budapest then about another £30 each for the mini bus that drove us down to Novi Sad. Took all our camping stuff out there. The campsite was one hell of an experience (aside from the branch incident) but I wouldn't do it again. Pretty hardcore. Worth doing for your first time though, the atmosphere is something else.

You really should go though, it's absolutely amazing - the setting, the people, the music, everything.

Festival ticket was £70, camping pass was £14. Flights were about £100 to Budapest then about another £30 each for the mini bus that drove us down to Novi Sad. Took all our camping stuff out there. The campsite was one hell of an experience (aside from the branch incident) but I wouldn't do it again. Pretty hardcore. Worth doing for your first time though, the atmosphere is something else.

You really should go though, it's absolutely amazing - the setting, the people, the music, everything.

:thumbup:

The year I went, two lads got crushed because everyone was going a bit too fooking mental when Prodigy were on.

Amazing, amazing festival though. If anyone is thinking of going, I'd go soon. Got a mate whose just got back, he's been 5 years on the trot and said there were fooking loads more British people this year and a lot of them acting like complete cvnts. Quite a different crowd to usual, groups of lads acting like they're in Magaluf or summin. Getting a name for itself I guess.

The year I went, two lads got crushed because everyone was going a bit too fooking mental when Prodigy were on.

Amazing, amazing festival though. If anyone is thinking of going, I'd go soon. Got a mate whose just got back, he's been 5 years on the trot and said there were fooking loads more British people this year and a lot of them acting like complete cvnts. Quite a different crowd to usual, groups of lads acting like they're in Magaluf or summin. Getting a name for itself I guess.

Thats sad to hear. The whole point of going abroad is to get away from England but I suppose it's expected with the popularity its getting.

Archived