Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

football books

what is everyones favourite football book?

mine is left foot forward by garry nelson...

left_foot.jpg

A brilliant tale of football life at the not so glamourous end of the football hierarchy and very wittily and well written it is too. Hihgly recommended for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

What are everyone elses favourites?

Fantastic question! Got loads.

Jimmy Burns' book on Barcelona (Barca: A People's Passion) and his biography on Diego Maradona.

Tim Parks' A Season with Verona.

A book about Johan Cruyff called Ajax Barcelona Cruyff, forget who it's by.

A book on Dutch football by David Winner - forget the title.

and of course the classic One Hump Or Two: The Frank Worthington Story!!

Stan Collymore's autobiography is a great read talking about him and Tricky Trev having a scuffle! And how he wanted to stay at Leicester.

Top Bloke :)

Im a big fan of autobiographies. I have a load i quite like Stan Collymore : Tackling my Demons and also Tony Cascarino- Full Time :thumbup:

Edited as i forgot to mention Leicester til we die- final season at Filbert street. A nice book of memories despite the poor season.

fever pitch !

jimmy greaves and tony adams autobiography are good reads too

106426[/snapback]

I am currently reading Jimmy Greave's autobio and it's quite a good read.

I'd recommend Bob Wilson's autobio which is by far the best book I've read in years, and also Roy Keane's book for it's sheer honesty and frankness about his life.

fever pitch !

jimmy greaves and tony adams autobiography are good reads too

106426[/snapback]

I am currently reading Jimmy Greave's autobio and it's quite a good read.

I'd recommend Bob Wilson's autobio which is by far the best book I've read in years, and also Roy Keane's book for it's sheer honesty and frankness about his life.

106536[/snapback]

Thats brilliant!

At times you think ' should he be saying that :unsure: '

And when he was at Forest and he passed the ball back and a striker got through on goal and scored and he walked into the Dresing room and Cloughie smacked him and said Dont ever pass the ball back lol .

Archived