Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

On yer Bike

Basically folks, the kiddies have learnt how to ride a bike and would love to go bike riding etc, considering the weather is getting better.

Unfortunately yours truly doesn't have a bike. Now i've been doing abit of reserach and basically there's abit of consensus that bikes found at supermarkets and generally cheap bikes (under £150), are generally crap.......some say it's better to buy a decent second hand bike. Taking into consideration that i will be an occasional rider, any advice please!!!

Basically folks, the kiddies have learnt how to ride a bike and would love to go bike riding etc, considering the weather is getting better.

Unfortunately yours truly doesn't have a bike. Now i've been doing abit of reserach and basically there's abit of consensus that bikes found at supermarkets and generally cheap bikes (under £150), are generally crap.......some say it's better to buy a decent second hand bike. Taking into consideration that i will be an occasional rider, any advice please!!!

I have a cheapo bike hanging around in the garage if you would like to borrow it, I haven't used it for ages so you are welcome to give it a go.

Hey buddy - I used to race bikes and have a fair grounding in knowledge about them, would be happy to discuss your requirements - looking for a hybrid I presume rather than a racer/mountain bike?

Hey buddy - I used to race bikes and have a fair grounding in knowledge about them, would be happy to discuss your requirements - looking for a hybrid I presume rather than a racer/mountain bike?

I'm not really too fussed, a hybrid would be better!!!thumbsup.gif

I'm not really too fussed, a hybrid would be better!!!thumbsup.gif

I'll PM you later and we'll talk tonight. (the way lovers do, only with a focus on vehicles with two wheels in tandem, usually propelled by pedals connected to the rear wheel by a chain, and having handlebars for steering and a saddlelike seat. It'll be very romantic.)

I'll PM you later and we'll talk tonight. (the way lovers do, only with a focus on vehicles with two wheels in tandem, usually propelled by pedals connected to the rear wheel by a chain, and having handlebars for steering and a saddlelike seat. It'll be very romantic.)

Oooooooooowwwwww, i'm wet at the gills already!!!blush.png

I may take you up on the offer, if your not using it!!thumbsup.gif

I've used it 4 or 5 times since I bought it new at Halfords around 3 years ago, found I prefer running to cycling, just let me know if you want to give it a go.

Try Gumtree in your area or your local Freegle society (on internet - people give stuff away that they no longer need). I have managed to get rid of a sofa and get a really good highchair through it.

Buy a nice padded seat to ensure the meat and two veg have a comfortable ride thumbsup.gif

Great point edmund, for that reason, i'm putting a single sofa seat instead fo the usual one!

Just to update everyone, the mrs says she brought me a bike, it better be a good one, otherwise she's gonna be the one riding it!!

Great point edmund, for that reason, i'm putting a single sofa seat instead fo the usual one!

Just to update everyone, the mrs says she brought me a bike, it better be a good one, otherwise she's gonna be the one riding it!!

lol

Archived