Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rossporterlc

Free Music Downloading

Should free music downloading be made legal?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should free music downloading be made legal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Wouldn't download music if it was
    • I laugh at the law

i can see why they do it but surely we should be spared our money from buying albums that are total crap, if i had downloaded an album that was top quality i wouldn't mind then going out and spend £10 buying it. what's your opinions? (sorry i didn't put this in music discussion)

If it was made legal, money that could be made in the music industry would drop significantly and no-one would enter or stay in the business as there would be no money to be made. This would cause standards to drop and then there wouldn't be any free music worth downloading.

Of course it shouldn't be free. <_< By the same logic, they should make clothes, cars and holidays free. What right do we have to just take something without paying? It's just shoplifting in another guise.

If you like a new band, buy the cd, or download legally. If you download illegally, the record company gets no money from the sales and the band gets dropped. If you can't afford it, wait for it to come down in price. Most cds in HMV are reduced to about £5-8 after a few months.

As for singles, iTunes singles are all 79p. Yes, you only get one track, not the b-sides, but if you're a fan, you'll buy the packaged cds whatever.

[/rant]

Archived