Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Pulp to reform for festival

Milk that cash-cow until it bleeds:

http://www.nme.com/news/pulp/53752

8 years since they last played? Makes me feel VERY old.

One of my fave bands though. I hope they record some new material, although I suspect it's just a few dates for a big sack of cash. Jarvis' solo material has left me underwhelmed (although I do like his radio show)

Edit: The thread was meant to be called 'Pulp reform for festival DATES' but I got distracted by a cup of tea. Could've happened to anyone

This is perhaps marginally less distasteful than some reformations as Pulp only went on a 'hiatus' rather than splitting up properly anyway. I always think it's nicer if bands can be bothered to actually record some material though.

It's too soon to be playing 'Common People' again, I'd give that at least another ten years, or maybe a hundred.

I think all these reformations are a symptom of what that article that I posted about the lack of 'great' new guitar bands coming through was referring to. I know that there's a tendency for people to be look-back bores, but I cannot help but feeling that if the current scene were a bit healthier - or at least, less fragmented, then there wouldn't be that much interest in these old bands dusting themselves off and turning up again, and certainly less enthusiasm for them on the part of the festival promoters

Archived