Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muz

Williams!

Mad dog it's because Blake has been lazy - his body language and effort is all wrong. He's gettin' his 5-6k a week and doesn't give a shite.

Williams at least has been trying, I don't mind if someone at least gives his all. IOwas there on Saturday anyone will tell you Blake was walking around aimlessly, he needed pockets in his shorts and a pipe, he was that bad.

12161[/snapback]

Hello brother

Blake is nowhere near ready to play a whole 90 minutes, even Sir Les was quite fit last year and could handle a good 60-70 minutes a match at the ripe age of 36 odd. Blake shouldn't be starting if he can't keep up for at least 60. Benjamin is a very modest and honest guy who doesn't complain and just gets on with it and if I was in his shoes I would really be fuming and bashing Mickey's door down at a proper chance!

How about this then - I don't believe Scowcroft should be playing wide and he's not a classic central midfielder either. In my opinion he is more a Sheringham type, a great player to have as an anchor man for a front hitman or pairing, we all know his strengths in the air and his distribution is good too but he doesn't have great pace to really cause problems running at defenders.

Play to our strengths

3-5-2

Keown Dabizas Heath

Gillespie Tiatto

Williams Nalis

Scowcroft

Connolly Benjamin

Subs: Pressman, Gudjonsson, Gemmill, Blake, Stewart

Dropped : Wilcox

Suspended : Dublin (one match left of three), Makin (one match)

With Tiatto raring to go down the left flank this should balance out Gillespie's advances down the right. If Keith can't do some damage against Watford at home then when we will he ? Stewart can step in if the Ulster bomber runs out of gas.

With the 3 centre backs we can cover for defensive lapses from the wing backs, but they will still be expected to get back behind the ball when needed.

We need Canero back - both Canero and Tiatto are very comfortable playing defence or midfield on their flanks so they make perfect wing back material. I hope Mickey is considering this for when they are both fit as they are fast energetic players who can take players on and theres even Lee Morris to inject more pace up front or out wide so the options look good once everyone is fit again!

For saturdays game the only doubts would be the fact that Connolly, Gillespie, Gudjonsson and Dabizas are all likely to play midweek in the internationals..

But its not looking that bad Foxes!

3-5-2

Keown    Dabizas      Heath

Gillespie                                                              Tiatto

Williams          Nalis

Scowcroft

Connolly                  Benjamin

12261[/snapback]

Should show as -

.............................Keown....Dabizas.....Heath...........................

...............................................................................................

.........Gillespie........................................................Tiatto..........

..............................Williams............Nalis..................................

...............................................................................................

........................................Scowcroft........................................

........................Connolly......................Benjamin......................

The jury is still out on Nalis but lets give him a chance, Gudjonsson will be raring to get in there anyway..

Micky is a strict 4-4-2 man, and will not deviate from that. I think a 3-5-2 would bring out he best in what we have, but it just won't happen. <_<

12263[/snapback]

It is a shame as we had great success in the MON era with 3 man combos from the Elliott/Prior/Walsh/Taggart setup with the likes of Guppy and others as wingback..

Micky is a strict 4-4-2 man, and will not deviate from that. I think a 3-5-2 would bring out he best in what we have, but it just won't happen. <_<

12263[/snapback]

It is a shame as we had great success in the MON era with 3 man combos from the Elliott/Prior/Walsh/Taggart setup with the likes of Guppy and others as wingback..

12267[/snapback]

I think the main success behind that formation was the 3 central midfielders - Particularly Lennon who was key to keeping the side ticking over and providing a substantial barrier in front of the back 3. Savage would get about it and close the opposition down, and Izzet would have license to get forward, hence why he go so many goals from midfield.

I think a combination of Williams/Nalis/Gudjonnson would work well, not quite in the same way of Izzet/Savage/Lennon. However, you get to combine Gudjonnson's ball winning ability, Nalis' passing ability, and Williams attacking surges and creativity from midfield.

Guest Guest

12263[/snapback]

12267[/snapback]

I think the main success behind that formation was the 3 central midfielders - Particularly Lennon who was key to keeping the side ticking over and providing a substantial barrier in front of the back 3. Savage would get about it and close the opposition down, and Izzet would have license to get forward, hence why he go so many goals from midfield.

I think a combination of Williams/Nalis/Gudjonnson would work well, not quite in the same way of Izzet/Savage/Lennon. However, you get to combine Gudjonnson's ball winning ability, Nalis' passing ability, and Williams attacking surges and creativity from midfield.

12268[/snapback]

Best thing you've ever said.

Archived