Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

OFWGKTA

The Odd Future Tape

This is probably the best place to start as it showcases all the members, except for Frank Ocean as he was signed later, and The Jet Age Of Tomorrow (as they make really trippy instrumental music which is completely different to the others). They pretty much all have a different sound, Tyler, The Creator and Earl Sweatshirt are the 2 most controversial MC's in the group, Hodgy Beats can also say some pretty wild stuff too. The Radical mixtape is similar too, and probably a bit better.

Album Downloads.

If you go there you can download every free album they released over the last 3 years, Tylers's 'Bastard', Earl Sweatshirts 'Earl' and Frank Oceans 'Nostalgia/Ultra' are the standout albums for me. The Jet Age Of Tomorrows 'Voyager' is also very good if your in the right mood.

Analogue sounds sick but they really didnt seem like they were into Zane Lowe or his interview, not that I can blame them. The censoring they did for Sandwitches just made it sound awful too.

Made the 50 year old bloke in my office listen to this the other day on iPlayer. He did not love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest, is it legal to suggest that Odd Future is possibly one of the most over-hyped acts of the modern age? I mean it's fine an' all, perfectly good hip-hop, but the worldwide jizz-fest that's surrounded them over the last few months has started to really get on my wick.

If there's some Shoreditch hipster gathering which decides if something is going to become the new cool thing, OFWGKTA must be a prime example...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived