Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Thank-you Sven and Top

I am posting to say that I cannot fault anything that the club appears to be doing pre-season (Nick, are you reading....lol)

The signings we have made contain hunger, experience and are players with something to prove, both in terms of getting into the premiership and then staying there.

This is superimposed upon a squad of, lets face it, pretty good players already in King, Wellens, Bamba, Waggy and the like.

These are exactly the sort of signings I feel Sven should have gone for. The coming season is exciting and expectation will be massively high.

If there is anything else we need, IMO it is pace in the side (we have technically gifted lads but, Dyer apart, not an awful lot of pace to counter-attack with)

AND an out and out sniffer, to bag goals in the box. Maynard would be this player, if we can finally get him..and Billy Sharpe would be a good addition if we can't.

If Sven can make this lot gel and play as a team we have an outstanding chance of promotion this season. A quick man (? Routledge) and a poacher would, IMO be the icing on the cake

We need, as a set of expectant fans, to give Sven the time he needs to get his team playing well for each other. We do not need to get on their backs, and to be negative. By Christmas we will know....

Its exciting :chant:

Good too see the optimism Col City! You are coming around aren't you..and that's bloody brilliant!

This is the year! We bloody well have to go up this year, and so far so good..

You are coming around aren't you

Oh bugger off!! :giggle:

Great post mate. This is a big BIG season for us, and if we are going to be pushing for it, we need EVERY SINGLE supporter behind Sven and the team. Lets eradicate the boos and demoralisation (is that a word? it is now) of players (ie. Weale/Ricardo saga last season) and become the loudest, proudest fans in the bloody league!!

King Power Fortress all the way!

After watching yesterdays game I guess Sclupp could play as a pacey winger with better control than dyer, maybe both left and right.

Anyone knows if Schlupp is right or left-footed ?

Great post mate. This is a big BIG season for us, and if we are going to be pushing for it, we need EVERY SINGLE supporter behind Sven and the team. Lets eradicate the boos and demoralisation (is that a word? it is now) of players (ie. Weale/Ricardo saga last season) and become the loudest, proudest fans in the bloody league!!

King Power Fortress all the way!

if its not a word (I think it is?) its a bloody good un..... :thumbup:

Casting my eye over the new signings, I'm reasonably impressed. All will add strength to the squad. We still need pace and goals though.

Regarding Schmeichel, I dont see him as any better than Weale. Why did Leeds sell him to a rival promotion contender?

After watching yesterdays game I guess Sclupp could play as a pacey winger with better control than dyer, maybe both left and right.

Anyone knows if Schlupp is right or left-footed ?

I think he was left footed. Might be wrong though. :dunno:

Good post! I think we already have a team capable of challenging for the play offs at least, but now we just need a smidgen more firepower - as you said, someone with pace. I do however think it's not vital! :unsure:

If the miracle DOES come off and Kermit turns a new leaf that leaves us with two players to hold the ball up - whatever you say about the bloke, he's good at doing that, just needs to sharpen up his passing and he's practically a carbon copy of big steve. Wouldn't be popular with huge sections of the crowd here but come on, it'd seem a waste to shell out another million plus regardless of our spending spree.

Schlupp could be the answer down the wing. I remember when we bought Gallagher he was touted as a CF, but he grew into a wingers role. Rotate Schlupp, Dyer and a fit Vassell and you've got some pace on the wings, that could allow Gallagher to sit centre, edge of the box where he's most deadly with his strikes.

That'd also free up King, Abe, Wellens, Danns or Oakley for a more free CMF role.

Honestly guys, get the players we have on song and we'll be laughing all the way to our Premiership pay cheque. One more striker with pace would be a bonus, but yknow? I dont think they'd be vital.

Okay, the Pearson season was a lot to do with momentum, but the strike force that helped us up was pretty small - Fryatt, Howard and Waghorn got the glut of goals, with Gallagher and King the only other regular scorers. The rest of the goals were chipped in by the whole squad.

That's why I think that we only need to fine tune our attacking options rather than potentially damaging morale amongst the books with another signing. I honestly think that Nugent could play the poacher role everybody thinks Maynard would do - and he'd be a hell of a lot better value for money!

Up the foxes, in Sven we trust, good luck Tunch, stranger things have happened with Kermit and see you guys in Manchester next season. :scarf:

Archived