Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CL Blue Army

Davies : NEWSFLASH

Guest CL Blue Army

DAVIES 'SEXUALLY HARRASSED ME' - ALAM

A former Football Association secretary who had an affair with England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson on Tuesday claimed she was sexually harassed by the FA's executive director David Davies.

Faria Alam, 39, who had been personal assistant to Mr Davies, told an employment tribunal in central London that her boss attempted to kiss and hug her and made other "unwelcome advances".

Miss Alam - who also had an affair with the FA's former chief executive Mark Palios - told the hearing that she had been warned Mr Davies had "a bit of a reputation".

She also alleged that two colleagues, Kim Foster and Sarah Ford, had claimed he had "tried it on" with them. However it is understood the two women will be giving evidence on Mr Davies' behalf later in the tribunal.

Miss Alam said: "During my term of employment with the FA I was sexually harassed at work on several occasions by David Davies, a senior executive at the FA and my immediate manager."

The former part-time model, who resigned from her job last summer, told the tribunal she had kept a record in a notebook of occasions when she had been the victim of what she claims was sexual harassment.

"It was an ongoing form of harassment that started very early on in our working relationship," she told the tribunal.

"I kept the notebook in my drawer at work but the notebook was not returned with my other belongings which were sent to my solicitors by the FA in mid-September 2004."

Mr Davies tonight denied he had harassed Miss Alam and confirmed he is to give evidence to the tribunal.

The executive, who is due to step down from the role at the FA following next summer's World Cup, said he was the victim of a "cowardly and callous attack".

In a statement, he said: "I was immensely saddened to hear these cruel and grotesque allegations against me.

"They are deeply hurtful and will be refuted vehemently, not only by myself but also by others."

He added: "Crucially, after her departure from the FA, how could I have been a 'fantastic' boss who was 'great to work for' as she described me then?"

Miss Alam, who is claiming she was the victim of constructive dismissal, sexual discrimination, breach of contract and unequal pay, told the tribunal: "He made unwanted physical overtures to me.

"At his flat on one occasion in 2003, he tried to hold me close and kiss me when I left and he managed to kiss me on the lips."

Miss Alam, of south east London, also claimed Mr Davies had told her she needed a "mature man" and said he had attempted to hug her or put his arms around her at work, at an FA party and elsewhere.

She said: "On several occasions when we were alone in the lift together, he would try and kiss me on the lips. I would rebuff him."

The former assistant added that Mr Davies would "invade my personal space and made me feel uncomfortable".

"Mr Davies also advised me that his life was better with me in it and that we should run away together, or that he wanted to lock me up and throw away the key," Ms Alam told the tribunal.

"I found these comments and his conduct embarrassing and I did nothing to encourage it.

"I indicated his physical attentions were unwelcome by pushing him away or by moving out of range. I mentioned to several people at the FA that I found his attentions unwelcome."

She said she had never made a formal complaint about Mr Davies as she felt there was "nothing she could do".

Miss Alam said she had been fond of Mr Davies's wife, who she joined on shopping trips and spoke to on the phone.

"It is with considerable reluctance that I have brought this claim against Mr Davies for sex discrimination , as I do feel very sorry for his wife."

In a statement issued later, the Football Association said: "The FA is fully supportive of executive director David Davies following claims made by former employee Faria Alam at an industrial tribunal today.

"We strongly refute the allegations made by Faria Alam and will be mounting a vigorous defence against these claims when presenting our evidence during forthcoming days.

"David Davies is a hugely respected figure and enjoys the organisation's total support.

"The FA will not be making any further public comment on this subject until our evidence has been heard at the tribunal."

Well, she did have a reputation with the fellas in FA headquarters, I bet he thought he could get a piece of the action too ;):P

Archived