Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Southampton confirm Woodward move

Southampton manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed Sir Clive Woodward will join the club later this summer after returning from the Lions tour.

At the weekend Woodward refused to confirm a newspaper report he would become Saints' director of football.

"It is pretty much public knowledge Clive is coming to join us," Redknapp told the Southampton website.

"I've met him and got on well with him. I don't think you should ever close your mind to what people can offer."

Redknapp did not reveal what role Woodward would take up when he arrived at Southampton, though it has been previously reported he would work with the club's youth set-up.

But Redknapp threatened to resign if Woodward interfered with team selection.

"I am sure Clive Woodward would have an awful lot to offer but when it comes to picking the team and the players that's my job," said the Southampton manager.

"If anyone ever interferes with that then that is the end of me for sure - but there are other sides of the club he will look at."

"He wants to get involved with the Academy and the kids and learn the game.

"I think eventually he wants to become a manager - that's his ambition. But he knows it is not going to happen overnight. It will take a few years."

The Lions tour is set to finish on 9 July after the third Test against New Zealand.

I pity Southampton :P

Has he ever been involed with football before? Did he ever play?

Cant see him doing much apart from management. Doubt he will be a good footballing coach. Could be wrong though...interesting to see how long it takes for him to take Harrys job.

Has he ever been involed with football before? Did he ever play?

Cant see him doing much apart from management. Doubt he will be a good footballing coach. Could be wrong though...interesting to see how long it takes for him to take Harrys job.

127051[/snapback]

Bet Redknapp quits before Christmas.

Archived