Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Blackburn sign Kuqi

why the hell do bburn want cole back?

129370[/snapback]

:huh: They do?

Linkage?

129402[/snapback]

Linkage

Blackburn chairman John Williams says the club are still searching for another striker, with Benni McCarthy and Andy Cole their top targets.

Mark Hughes has snapped up Finnish striker Shefki Kuqi from Ipswich, but Rovers still want another man in attack.

Porto's South African striker McCarthy appears to be at the top of Hughes' wanted list, but after having a bid rejected Williams is not confident about the deal.

McCarthy is keen to move to The Premiership, but Porto seem reluctant to allow him to leave Portugal.

"We have a list of strikers and we make no bones about the fact that we'd like to add another one after Shefki," Williams told Sky Sports News.

"I would certainly never say never (about McCarthy), we have made a couple of offers and the second offer was rejected.

"There's nothing wrong with that, it was Porto's right to do that. You get a feel about it and I'm not optimistic about this.

"The worry I have frankly is we do have to add another striker and it's a question of how long do you stay after one as opposed to moving on to other targets."

Fulham striker Cole could be the alternative to McCarthy, and a return to Ewood Park could be on the cards after Chris Coleman brought in Heidar Helguson from Watford.

"Andy is a Fulham player so I wouldn't want to say too much about him directly, but he's certainly the sort of player that would help us score goals and is one that Mark admires."

Cant see ipswich winning promotion now, especially when they sold bent too.

129481[/snapback]

Davis

Magilton - Looking to retire apparently

Miller

Bent

Kuqi

That's almost half of their team gone - Never mind automatic promotion (Which I thought they had a chance until I saw how many players they had sold!), they'll struggle to reach the play-offs if they can't replace these players, which looks extremely unlikely.

Kuqi has been a great servernt to the club. and lets face it if you could have a secure future and better wages you'd take it. as for depatures I'm fairly confodent we'll be there or there abouts as long as we can sort the defence out.

Kuqi has been a great servernt to the club. and lets face it if you could have a secure future and better wages you'd take it. as for depatures I'm fairly confodent we'll be there or there abouts as long as we can sort the defence out.

129496[/snapback]

Do you think Forster will score you the goals though? You've also lost Miller, who was a good provider of goals from midfield.

129496[/snapback]

Do you think Forster will score you the goals though? You've also lost Miller, who was a good provider of goals from midfield.

129501[/snapback]

I hope so! we have signed Sam Parkin from Swindon he got 24 goals last season (which at any level can only be good). Miller I'm in 2 minds about he can sometimes be a good player and fairly creative he is also very good at penalties and has a fairly good long shot. but he can also be pretty invisible if playing on the right wing he had a habit of slipping into the middle. I think we'll be tighting the defense up (david Unsworth looks likely) and playing less attractive football next season. Departures we can make up for with new signings and couple good lads coming through the accedemy. I cant see automatic promotion next season. but playoffs is a realistic target.

I wouldn't be looking forward to that partnership. I doubt either player will match Bent and Kuqi's goal tally, and thats if you had kept your most creative players. Nicky Forster & Sam Parkin

the Fors-Kins?

I wouldn't be looking forward to that partnership. I doubt either player will match Bent and Kuqi's goal tally, and thats if you had kept your most creative players. Nicky Forster & Sam Parkin

the Fors-Kins?

129548[/snapback]

Fors-kins, like it! I think there wont be a partnership at Town to Match Kuqi - Bent for a while to come. we have 3 first team strickers so I'm hoping that might add some compitition for places and get the best out of the forward players.

Archived