Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Adams: Benjamin Is No Mug

MICKY ADAMS has challenged Trevor Benjamin to get back to the form that made him a £1.5m player for Leicester City.

The Coventry City manager has signed the 26-year-old forward on a new one-year deal, hoping to get the best out of the player whom he worked with at the Walkers Stadium.

Although Benjamin only scored one goal for the Sky Blues after joining them from Northampton in February, he did set up team-mates and proved a useful substitute with his effervescent work-rate.

Explaining his decision to keep him, Adams said: "Trevor gives me options both up front and wide left and always tries to do the job I set him. "A few years ago he was more than a £1 million player, so he is no mug. But what he needs to do is get back to where he was and hopefully he can do that with Coventry.

"He is a good squad player and that's what I need."

Benjamin made a name for himself at his first club Cambridge United, earning himself a big money move to Leicester in 2000 under Peter Taylor.

But since then the bustling front man has been on loan at seven clubs --Crystal Palace, Norwich City, West Brom, Gillingham, Rushden, Brighton and Northampton - before linking up with his old manager at Highfield Road.

Linkage

That made me chuckle.

Archived