Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BrummieFOX

Don't Flop!

No, in fact this isn't a thread about your sex life. It's actually about a rather successfull UK based Rap Battle League.

It may all sound a bit Eminem and '8 Mile' however it's fantastic entertainment and there are some brilliantly talented word-smiths, poets and MCs in the league. It's a pretty straight forward idea - two (though sometimes four) people prepare three (1 minute) rounds of lyrics attacking each other, 5 judges then decide on a winner. Unlike 8 Mile, the battles aren't over instrumentals and are completely accapella which I feel puts more onus on the battlers to provide more presence.

Anyway, amongst my mates it has really split them into people who really enjoy it and like me have become a bit addicted to watching them and others who just don't get it. From reading the threads in the music forum, I'd like to think at least some people would enjoy the battles.

For starters, check these out:

Easily the most viewed battle

A battle containing probably the league's most popular battler - 'Lunar C'

FInally, one of my recent favourite.[/b]

[media=]

Hope people enjoy them. What I would say is that due to the premise that 'anything goes' in a battle, there is a lot of homophobic and misogynistic lyrics from rappers, meant to be taken in jest but may offend some people.

Archived