Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Radio Leicester looking back at 10 years on Filbert Way

While they were reliving all the commentary there were moments i felt physically sick. Not because i heard names like Rab Douglas, Stephen Hughes and Mark De Vries. Not because it struck me how shit we've been for the majority of the 10 years. But because i heard the voice of JOHN BARBER.

This period has to be the worst in our recent history. It was even worse than being in the third tier. He wasn't a Leicester fan and it really did come across that way. The way he'd get so excited at the opposition scoring made me destroy so many radios. With the side being as bad as it was anyway, his smug irritating voice made it such a painful experience every saturday.

Combine that with the laughable teamsheet and dreadful kits, attendances and results. To think England didnt qualify for the Euros in that period either! Im just wondering how i didn't attempt suicide.

Actually made me appreciate this "era" and even Stringer and Young. :ph34r:

Guest MattP

10 years. 1 in the Premiership where we were relegated, 1 in League 1 at our lowest point ever. 5-6 years of complete mediocrity. Oh and admin.

It's been dreadful hasn't it.

Never quite understood the bashing Ian Stringer gets on here. He's a decent commentator thats passionate about this club and does his absolute best to get all up to date news and interviews for us.

If people ever listen to other radio stations, you'll realise we're lucky to have him!

Barber was a joke!! That era was a joke as well!

Never quite understood the bashing Ian Stringer gets on here. He's a decent commentator thats passionate about this club and does his absolute best to get all up to date news and interviews for us.

If people ever listen to other radio stations, you'll realise we're lucky to have him!

Barber was a joke!! That era was a joke as well!

Agreed :pearson:

Archived