Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Too predictable?

Not marking or blocking the run of the oppositions centre forward and ball watching at a corner cost us today. Yes there were other things that wnet wrong but these two fundemantals were the killer. Errors are one thing, failing on basic set piece defending is another. Needs sorting out and quick. We had plenty of posession in the 2nd half and put in some good balls that we failed to get on the end of. Vardy looked limited yesterday, lots of energy but little dirct threat. Time to try something else there I think. Marshall tried hard and Drinkwater covered every blade of grass and we played some reasonable football without any defined cutting edge. All this against what I tought was an ordinary Wolves side.

Not marking or blocking the run of the oppositions centre forward and ball watching at a corner cost us today. Yes there were other things that wnet wrong but these two fundemantals were the killer. Errors are one thing, failing on basic set piece defending is another. Needs sorting out and quick. We had plenty of posession in the 2nd half and put in some good balls that we failed to get on the end of. Vardy looked limited yesterday, lots of energy but little dirct threat. Time to try something else there I think. Marshall tried hard and Drinkwater covered every blade of grass and we played some reasonable football without any defined cutting edge. All this against what I tought was an ordinary Wolves side.

Good post. I thought Moore looked really shaky yesterday and maybe shouldn't be a starter every game, I do like him but should ease him in slowly. Konchesky gave the ball away more than I've ever seen him do but what a strike! Knocky to start Wednesday!

I don't think it's over necessarily, however what I want to see is consistency, the one ingredient that has been missing for some time. I can't see it. We are consistent at giving away sloppy goals and losing away from home though!

I don't buy all this ' they need time to gel' rubbish. Look at forest, a bit of cash, new boss and loads of new players... Unbeaten and according to their fans playing some fabulous football.

And I don't think you can compare Southampton. Their goal for this season will be to finish 4th bottom, our goal is to finish top!

The 'time to gel' rubbish is rubbish... It always was under Sven and it is under Pearson.

Look at some of the players Forest have signed. That's why they are playing good football.

Archived