Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

£7 Million For.......

,Jul 24 2005, 4:14 PM]
He's a decent player, but 7m?!!! And the European champions?!

He'd do well at an average mid-table side that is maybe challenging for the UEFA cup, someone like Man City.

143040[/snapback]

liverpool are an average mid-table side

143305[/snapback]

1. 5th is hardly average mid-table, they were still challenging for a Champion's League place with Everton, so how can they be an average mid-table side challenging for the UEFA cup?

2. They're European Champions, there's no getting away from that.

143307[/snapback]

they were poor last season, their away form was terrible, they were challenging everton for some part but in the end they would have been happy to hold on to 5th, there are a lot of teams who are close to liverpool's standards. i don't see them finishing fourth this season and i don't see them winning the champions league (they shouldn't have been entered imo)

143310[/snapback]

If a team can be poor and win the best club competition in the world, then fair play to them.

:rolleyes:

143537[/snapback]

how they won the champ league totally degrades the premiership which is why i think they shouldn't have been allowed to defend the trophy

143896[/snapback]

How does it? :S

,Jul 24 2005, 4:14 PM]
He's a decent player, but 7m?!!! And the European champions?!

He'd do well at an average mid-table side that is maybe challenging for the UEFA cup, someone like Man City.

143040[/snapback]

liverpool are an average mid-table side

143305[/snapback]

1. 5th is hardly average mid-table, they were still challenging for a Champion's League place with Everton, so how can they be an average mid-table side challenging for the UEFA cup?

2. They're European Champions, there's no getting away from that.

143307[/snapback]

they were poor last season, their away form was terrible, they were challenging everton for some part but in the end they would have been happy to hold on to 5th, there are a lot of teams who are close to liverpool's standards. i don't see them finishing fourth this season and i don't see them winning the champions league (they shouldn't have been entered imo)

143310[/snapback]

If a team can be poor and win the best club competition in the world, then fair play to them.

:rolleyes:

143537[/snapback]

how they won the champ league totally degrades the premiership which is why i think they shouldn't have been allowed to defend the trophy

143896[/snapback]

How does it? :S

144002[/snapback]

they decided they werent going to get fourth place and so concentrated on the champions league, the most consistant teams should be rewarded not the team who played a few decent games

Archived