Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

£7 Million For.......

Silly money for him.

They have a major striker problem since Owen left, that's what happens when you rely on someone for so long. But they are now European Champions and that's the best they've come up with :blink::(

Southampton must be laughing all the way to the bank with that sort of money. After all, how much did they pay for him?

what a waste of money, crap player

140491[/snapback]

A bit controversial considering how well he did last season in a relegated side :S

140492[/snapback]

you think he is a good player then?

140496[/snapback]

I do I do.

Not £7 million pounds worth, but I do think he's decent.

His height will obviously cause no end of problems and he wins a lot of free kicks due to being so awkward to handle. Having watched him a few times, his touch is extremely good too.

Nothing wrong with Crouch, but why buy him and sell Heskey. I know who I would keep, though Crouch I am sure will turn out to be a useful player. :thumbup:;)

Nothing wrong with Crouch, but why buy him and sell Heskey. I know who I would keep, though Crouch I am sure will turn out to be a useful player. :thumbup:  ;)

141896[/snapback]

they have brought crouch to help cisse in the air, he has premiership experience at the wrong end of the table and still managed to do well, i think crouch will do well tbh :) + he isnt gonna be a flop as he has the experience most players (like morientes) dont have... and as cobbo said... his touch is spot on :).. he will be lethal when the pin point ball of steven gerrard belts him in his fat ed n hits the back of the net :P

He's a danger if the ball hits him, but that's about it really. I have the feeling he's a one season wonder, but that's just my opinion.

Thing that has had me most about this transfer is that Liverpool don't even play the style of football that Crouch would be most suited to.

He would have been much better going to a club who do, like Man City who have been mentioned before or someone like Charlton or Bolton.

Strange, very strange indeed :unsure:

He's a decent player, but 7m?!!! And the European champions?!

He'd do well at an average mid-table side that is maybe challenging for the UEFA cup, someone like Man City.

143040[/snapback]

liverpool are an average mid-table side

143305[/snapback]

1. 5th is hardly average mid-table, they were still challenging for a Champion's League place with Everton, so how can they be an average mid-table side challenging for the UEFA cup?

2. They're European Champions, there's no getting away from that.

,Jul 24 2005, 4:14 PM]

He'd do well at an average mid-table side that is maybe challenging for the UEFA cup, someone like Man City.

143040[/snapback]

143305[/snapback]

1. 5th is hardly average mid-table, they were still challenging for a Champion's League place with Everton, so how can they be an average mid-table side challenging for the UEFA cup?

143307[/snapback]

they were poor last season, their away form was terrible, they were challenging everton for some part but in the end they would have been happy to hold on to 5th, there are a lot of teams who are close to liverpool's standards. i don't see them finishing fourth this season and i don't see them winning the champions league (they shouldn't have been entered imo)

Guest teenuck

I think he is a talented young player, I think 7 mil is a fair price, although he may not be a huge success at Liverpool. Don't know what you lot are complaining about.

teenuck

143040[/snapback]

143305[/snapback]

143307[/snapback]

they were poor last season, their away form was terrible, they were challenging everton for some part but in the end they would have been happy to hold on to 5th, there are a lot of teams who are close to liverpool's standards. i don't see them finishing fourth this season and i don't see them winning the champions league (they shouldn't have been entered imo)

143310[/snapback]

If a team can be poor and win the best club competition in the world, then fair play to them.

:rolleyes:

143040[/snapback]

143305[/snapback]

143307[/snapback]

143310[/snapback]

If a team can be poor and win the best club competition in the world, then fair play to them.

:rolleyes:

143537[/snapback]

how they won the champ league totally degrades the premiership which is why i think they shouldn't have been allowed to defend the trophy

Archived