Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BHAFC Leicester

Good Luck LCFC Tonight.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the rivalry between Brighton and Palace about?

It stems from the 70's and is purely football based.In some ways I regard it as a better reason for rivalry than geographical proximity,and/or religion.It's difficult to explain it in a short way,but was down to a series of games when Alan Mullery was in charge of us and Venables was in charge of them,there was clear hatred between the two managers,and culminated in an FA cup replay match in which we had a penalty awarded which went in,it was then ordered by the ref "Challis" can't recall his first name,and subsequently saved,Mullery spat the dummy and went ballistic.It all seems fairly tame now,but at the time,I am told (by my Dad) that it was sheer madness.My Dad,before he died always reffered to the ref as "Challis of Palace" through gritted teeth.

So it's not particularly old,but is extremely intense,and generally has gone down hill ever since as a relationship.

If youre a football fan,and not just a club fan which I am,you might also be interested to know that this is the period we became the Seagulls.Up until that time we were The Dolphins,but it was a direct result of the Palace chants of "Eagles,Eagles" that led to our current nickname.

Its the total opposite for me! I live in Hove now but massive Leicester fan, if we cant make it then i would be delighted to see Brighton make it instead, i have witnesed them have to lose the goldstone, ground share in the middle of nowhere and then years and years of 'you cant have your new stadium here', the Amex is a nice stadium and Brighton a good community club, so best of luck, and of course i know how much you hate Palace!

Dreadful days are behind us now,yes.

As a matter of interest,where is/was Filbert Street? I never came here when Leicester were playing there,my first visit was what was then The Walkers.

Dreadful days are behind us now,yes.

As a matter of interest,where is/was Filbert Street? I never came here when Leicester were playing there,my first visit was what was then The Walkers.

The plot it was on is right next to our current stadium. Student accommodation there now

The plot it was on is right next to our current stadium. Student accommodation there now

I should have realised,for some reason I kept thinking it was tucked away at the other end of town.

Anyway,well done for last night.I thought it would be tense and nervous,not surprising really.Tonight is my turn to be tense and nervous.Hope to be congratulating you on Sunday.

Archived