Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Oxford stars and punts

Even with all match threads to look at etc I have still no idea how the Oxford match really went except that DeVries and Wilcox scored much welcome goals.

Indeed they sounded like good goals but how did the game itself go. Who stamped his authority on the play. What was Sylla Black like and what sort of pattern emerged?.

Was Wilcox as good as his goals - did he seem well up to the pace? And what about the other players. Finally did Oxford provide decent opposition?

Altogether did the team lift hopes for the coming season or not?.

Even with all match threads to look at etc I have still no idea how the Oxford match really went except that DeVries and Wilcox scored much welcome goals.

Indeed they sounded like good goals but how did the game itself go. Who stamped his authority on the play. What was Sylla Black like and what sort of pattern emerged?.

Was Wilcox as good as his goals - did he seem well up to the pace? And what about the other players. Finally did Oxford provide decent opposition? 

Altogether did the team lift hopes for the coming season or not?.

147044[/snapback]

Yeh i would like to know that as well please? :D

Just back from game, average 1st half. 2nd half tempo was upped, both teams trying. De vries done well for his goal, as it got to him the ball stopped and he had to turn back and get it out from under his feet, only to put on his right foot and chip the goalie. Missed wilcox 1st goal but was meant to be good from open play. His 2nd was also good from open play. All the players had a good game, impressed with nils geeranband in defence(savage lookalike). Rab looked comfertable in goal, shouting to his defence all the time. Sylla, well his 2nd half performance was worth man of the match, his neat passing and understanding off putting the ball into spaces that players are running into. Wilcox had his best game i have seen him  in a leicester shirt, hope it continues. Still dont like it when we have all the players back for the corners( we conceded then), says it all. I thought o'grady done well when he came on, tommy wright well not so sure about.

Cant wait for saturday now...........

WE ARE BLUE

WE ARE WHITE

WE ARE FU###NG DYNAMITE

LEICESTER CITYYYY

LEICESTER CITYYYYYYYY

LEICESTER

LEICESTER

lol

147036[/snapback]

Here's some help from the match thread.

This from LeicesterRhino off the Foxfanzine Forum;

Big Rab - OK, not a lot to do but looks confident on crosses and is quick off his line

Maybury - OK, all the sort of stuff we have come to expect

Johanson - Good, looks very safe

McCarthy - Started very well but seemed to fade towards the end, may have just been too confident once we were winning.

Gilbert - Ditto

Momo - Not in the game a great deal but he worked hard and put in some fantastic crosses

Williams - Not in the game enough

Joey - Best performance I've seen from him, very sound and quite creative.

Willcox - Put in some good crosses but not much protection for the new kid.

Dion - So slow it's painfull to watch, did get on the end of some crosses in the second half.

DeVries - Some good touches but no understanding with Dublin, still looks clumsy.

O'Grady - Came on for DeVries and looked pretty good at least he was pacey and made a pest of himself.

Wright - Came on for Dublin - waste of space

Sheehan - Came on for Gilbert, didn't really get into the game.

Tiatto - Came on for Willcox, didn't get booked

407 City fans out of 2000 ish, nice ground job done.

407 City fans out of 2000 ish, nice ground job done.

was it that boring he actually counted the leicester fans? :olol

147119[/snapback]

He probably had time to count while Dublin ran on goal

Dion - So slow it's painfull to watch, did get on the end of some crosses in the second half.

lol

Archived