Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Groundshare

Tigers seem to have got over it quickly. :thumbup:;):unsure:

Leicestershire Builder Magazine.

"Welford Road to become Tigers' new 20m home."

Tigers chairman peter tom told the leics mercury that the club cannot afford to `botch` the redevelopment of Wleford road following the collapse of a move to the Wlkers Stadium.

Work on the £20m project to develop the Tigers' home is expected to start at the end of next season and take between ten and five years to complete.

While disappointed at failing to clinch a move to he strove hard to achieve, Tom knows many Tigers' supporters hostile to it will be delighted.

Tigers had already agreed a price with the City Council to buy Welford Road and a piece of adjoining land on the former Granby Halls site before the Walkers deal took off.

They now restart negotiations with the Council and are looking towards unveiling their stadium plans at the club's annual meeting in October.

The club are hoping to get the ground bought and outline under way in the next coupe of months.

Capacity will be boosted from 16, 815 to between 22, 000 and 25, 000, work will be done in stages and will cost £20m. The Next stand is likely to be redeveloped first, but without the two student tower blocks that provoked a torrent of criticism the first time around.

Tigers seem to have got over it quickly. :thumbup:  ;)  :unsure:
Leicestershire Builder Magazine.

"Welford Road to become Tigers' new 20m home."

Tigers chairman peter tom told the leics mercury that the club cannot afford to `botch` the redevelopment of Wleford road following the collapse of a move to the Wlkers Stadium.

Work on the £20m project to develop the Tigers' home is expected to start at the end of next season and take between ten and five years to complete.

While disappointed at failing to clinch a move to he strove hard to achieve, Tom knows many Tigers' supporters hostile to it will be delighted.

Tigers had already agreed a price with the City Council to buy Welford Road and a piece of adjoining land on the former Granby Halls site before the Walkers deal took off.

They now restart negotiations with the Council and are looking towards unveiling their stadium plans at the club's annual meeting in October.

The club are hoping to get the ground bought and outline under way in the next coupe of months.

Capacity will be boosted from 16, 815 to between 22, 000 and 25, 000, work will be done in stages and will cost £20m. The Next stand is likely to be redeveloped first, but without the two student tower blocks that provoked a torrent of criticism the first time around.

148014[/snapback]

i was amused to hear TD say the leicester (city) fans were 80/20 in favour i think i met two people in favour and neither were lcfc fans

148014[/snapback]

i was amused to hear TD say the leicester (city) fans were 80/20 in favour i think i met two people in favour and neither were lcfc fans

148023[/snapback]

I was in favour :P:D

148023[/snapback]

148030[/snapback]

i would say 3, but as i've never (to my knowledge) met you........... ;)

148030[/snapback]

i would say 3, but as i've never (to my knowledge) met you........... ;)

148032[/snapback]

lol Fair enough. I certainly dont think it was 80/20 in favour; I think it was more broadly 50/50. In any case its academic now I guess...

Tiggers were getting quotes in for redevelopment of Welford Road during the groundshare discussions, to be honest, I don't think either side realistically thought it would happen.

Still, all the consultation fees paid out etc won't have done too much damage :mad:

Archived