Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbage Fox

Coaching

Wes Morgan

Andy King

Kasper Schemichael

Lloyd Dyer

To name a few of the current squad who are better than when they arrived.

Kasper's distribution was better when he arrived than it is now in my opinion.

I think the OP makes a superb point, and if we cant invest in new players for whatever reason working on improving what we have will be vital.

Kasper's distribution was better when he arrived than it is now in my opinion.

I think the OP makes a superb point, and if we cant invest in new players for whatever reason working on improving what we have will be vital.

Agree about KS.

"Coaching isn't rocket science, tactics are"

These are professional footballers already, not a bunch of 10 year olds in a playground. Its more about fine tuning than re learning.

I assume you are trolling and looking for an argument.

Never said they were 10.

I have been doing my job for 11 years. I continue to learn from more experienced people and from training and coaching.

Maybe you dont learn in your job, if not I feel sorry for you.

I assume you are trolling and looking for an argument.

Never said they were 10.

I have been doing my job for 11 years. I continue to learn from more experienced people and from training and coaching.

Maybe you dont learn in your job, if not I feel sorry for you.

Read the other replies, you may get it then. There is only so much you can "coach" with all due respect you are not at the top of your game/work if you need to be coached /micro managed everyday.

Read the other replies, you may get it then. There is only so much you can "coach" with all due respect you are not at the top of your game/work if you need to be coached /micro managed everyday.

No offence to the players or the club, but they are not on top of their game, or they wouldn't be at LCFC.

Plus, they are young lads who are learning and require coaching and training.

No one is suggesting micro managing. I think we are saying a few more coaches to work with younger players to improve their performance.

Usain Bolt knows how to run but you can guarantee he works closely with his coach before, during and after training to learn how to do things better. Fine tuning as you put it.

Now how much more does a young football player who needs to learn how to play with their team mates, learn tactics, and fine tune their skills need the support of a good set of coaches. Football isn't just running around on a pitch like a bunch of ten year olds.

From that you seem to have inferred that we want a coach for each player to wipe their arse.

Now, maybe you need micro managing to stack shelves at Tesco. I certainly don't need micro managing in my job travelling the world. And as you know, from my other replies, I wasn't suggesting micro managing.

No offence to the players or the club, but they are not on top of their game, or they wouldn't be at LCFC.

Plus, they are young lads who are learning and require coaching and training.

No one is suggesting micro managing. I think we are saying a few more coaches to work with younger players to improve their performance.

Usain Bolt knows how to run but you can guarantee he works closely with his coach before, during and after training to learn how to do things better. Fine tuning as you put it.

Now how much more does a young football player who needs to learn how to play with their team mates, learn tactics, and fine tune their skills need the support of a good set of coaches. Football isn't just running around on a pitch like a bunch of ten year olds.

From that you seem to have inferred that we want a coach for each player to wipe their arse.

Now, maybe you need micro managing to stack shelves at Tesco. I certainly don't need micro managing in my job travelling the world. And as you know, from my other replies, I wasn't suggesting micro managing.

Hahaha personal insults. I am a coach you muppet!!

Hahaha personal insults. I am a coach you muppet!!

So please no personal insults... I am a level 3 coach and this thread was not me touting for a job.

Coaching is not just about tactics....... thats just a part and a small part... its about what runs to do, when to do them, when not, its about  angles both defensive and offensive there are so many areas that need to be focused on... this is the type of coaching I am talking about.. not teaching Pro footballers how to trap a ball...

The pre match warm up thing around firing shots in a CL whilst I personally think is a bit under 10 like I agree is a get your heart rate up and brain in gear..

Personally I think it's strikers who go downhill when we sign them, they seem to do ok at other clubs before & after we sign them.

Also goalkeepers, I think Pearson needs to change stowell and get someone new in. Kasper hasn't improved, Weale got worse under us. I'm sure that Pearson has only signed one permanent keeper for both Hull & Us.

I can agree with the strikers going downhill I've been saying for a while we need to bring in a good ex international striker to coach our forwards. However stowell has given us years of quality service as goalkeeping coach/ temp boss and IMO kasper has got better and better, with last season being the best of his career.

Personally I think it's strikers who go downhill when we sign them, they seem to do ok at other clubs before & after we sign them.

Also goalkeepers, I think Pearson needs to change stowell and get someone new in. Kasper hasn't improved, Weale got worse under us. I'm sure that Pearson has only signed one permanent keeper for both Hull & Us.

Sorry, but are you serious? The coaching and training is carried out during the week. The pre match warm up is just that. They want to build as much confidence from this short pre game session as possible. Shooting from all angles will hinder rather than help..

No need to be sorry..and yes I'm being serious.

Unlike yourself,I'm not a coach..but I'm aware of the training is carried out during the week.

My point was..there are other ways of warming up before footy,I just can't understand why do the same warm up for 2 seasons?To do the same thing each week could get mundane and could affect the mindset.I believe that if you vary things,you develop other skills,instead of focusing on getting better in 1 thing.

After seeing the squad shooting from a central position for that long,it appears to me that it isn't working too good.Sometimes it surprises me how many times these pro footballers miss the target.

I fully agree with you about instinct,you've either got it or you haven't..maybe I just think after that amount of time they should vary the warm ups.

Archived