Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Has NP Learnt some lessons over the summer

Of the 12 teams that have gone up in the past 4 seasons, 8 have had managers in their first year, 3 in their second and only one that was in his third. 

The most stable managed club in the division at the moment is Derby....they have a Nigel too.

Stats don't show everything though.

E.g. Brian Mcdermott had been behind the scenes at Reading for years before achieving promotion.

I think he's learnt that as much as the free flowing football was great to watch,it makes us week defensively, so he sticking to what he knows best, defensive minded football, limiting the oppositions to minimal chances, and as we have seen its not pretty to watch but has got 7 points out of 9 is a good return, wether we can play defensively against the betters sides, I'm not sure we could hold out for 90 minutes without conceding, and wilth minimal creative players in the team, could we get a goal?, I don't know.

That's for him to figure out, and just hope he can get the balance right.

Stats don't show everything though.

E.g. Brian Mcdermott had been behind the scenes at Reading for years before achieving promotion.

Brilliant....what about the 8 who have literally done it in a season or less? That is two thirds of them you know............

Archived