Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Has NP Learnt some lessons over the summer

Hi Folks

I was just wondering if anyone like has thought that over the summer it looks like NP has learnt somethings over the summer.  I think he realises he was to set in his ways last season with regards to team personnel and formations and that is why particular away from home this season he seems to going with what he thinks best for that particular match instead of just sticking to 4-4-2.  Im sure this season we will be seeing a lot more results that are ground out this season as he also realises that sometimes you cant always try to play attractive football.

I don't know what everyone else thinks??

Hi Folks

I was just wondering if anyone like has thought that over the summer it looks like NP has learnt somethings over the summer.  I think he realises he was to set in his ways last season with regards to team personnel and formations and that is why particular away from home this season he seems to going with what he thinks best for that particular match instead of just sticking to 4-4-2.  Im sure this season we will be seeing a lot more results that are ground out this season as he also realises that sometimes you cant always try to play attractive football.

I don't know what everyone else thinks??

I think it's safe to say he's always been aware of that. :P

Hold on.....

Here we go again. It's 3 games in, against sides who I would suspect will finish probably mid-table. We've done great to get 7 points but I've decided this season I'm taking one game at a time.

It's too early to tell whether lessons have been learnt or not and I don't want to see predictions being made way too early. Some on here have done that season after season and I don't think it's proven wise to do so.

Great, 7 points, but let's just see how the next few pan out without getting any knickers in a twist.

Hold on.....

Here we go again. It's 3 games in, against sides who I would suspect will finish probably mid-table. We've done great to get 7 points but I've decided this season I'm taking one game at a time.

It's too early to tell whether lessons have been learnt or not and I don't want to see predictions being made way too early. Some on here have done that season after season and I don't think it's proven wise to do so.

Great, 7 points, but let's just see how the next few pan out without getting any knickers in a twist.

Be fair now - Middlesborough were tipped well before the season started, and the Riverside and Pride Park are very tough places to go and pick up 3 points. But in general I do agree with you that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, but let's be honest, with Nigel Pearson in charge we could win the Champions League and he still wouldn't let the players get ahead of themselves. 

Be fair now - Middlesborough were tipped well before the season started, and the Riverside and Pride Park are very tough places to go and pick up 3 points. But in general I do agree with you that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, but let's be honest, with Nigel Pearson in charge we could win the Champions League and he still wouldn't let the players get ahead of themselves.

lol

:thumbup:

You remain a blinkered fan. The end of this season will show all. No promotion and he is a waste of good money.

So you're saying that up until this season Nigel Pearson has always attempted to play attractive football? Or are you completely ignoring the content of my post because you want an argument?

I'm fine with it either way, but at least let me know what's on your mind mate.

I hope he has learnt some lessons - it is a great start and yesterday abandoning his new formation after a couple of games worked out for him.......

I can't help thinking if it was this easy and he was that on it he couldn't have done something about things in the second half of last season but maybe he has changed - hurrah!!

Its early days yet, I went to Leeds home game and thought although we looked quite solid in defence, we were toothless up front and yesterday at Derby once again won by a lucky goal, as long as NP and team continue to Work on various formations, it can be only good. Last season we got found out after christmas on 4-4-2 and poor teams like Sheffield, Millwall etc., got results they shouldnt have and we all know what happened after that.

Also believe secondly there was internal strife and lost confidence of players, so NP also got to keep players happy even though he's the Boss a fine line nowadays!!

He's trying different formations, 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 in two away games from a man criticised for being predictable. Would like a bit more creativity in the attack, not sure 3 strikers will work all the time and Knockaert would be suited just behind a front two.

But he's also prepared to change the personnel, Whitbread out after last week and Wood starting after a decent cameo against Leeds. 

Just hope we can mix up the style a bit, playing on the floor got us 8 wins from 12 games last season and it's the same group of players so it's not a totally new thing for them.

He's trying different formations, 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 in two away games from a man criticised for being predictable. Would like a bit more creativity in the attack, not sure 3 strikers will work all the time and Knockaert would be suited just behind a front two.

But he's also prepared to change the personnel, Whitbread out after last week and Wood starting after a decent cameo against Leeds. 

Just hope we can mix up the style a bit, playing on the floor got us 8 wins from 12 games last season and it's the same group of players so it's not a totally new thing for them.

He said after the game yesterday that it was 4-3-1-2 they started with, not 4-3-3. I've got a feeling that he's figured out Knocky/Marshall are best in that free role behind the strikers, but Knockaert (from what I heard of yesterday) isn't in the best form and I think someone mentioned Marshall is ill or something. 

So far this season we've played 3-5-2/5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-1-2/4-3-3, so NP is clearly realising that having one formation and set of tactics isn't enough. Right now though, I don't think he's been able to use all the personnel that he's wanted to make these formations work. With Miquel and Bakayogo still to debut, and possibly another loan if Konch leaves, as well as players recovering form, things could well start to click for us.

Hold on.....

We only have 3 games to go on Col, so we are speculating as to whether or not these games are reflective of a change of attitude by NP, as it was at the start of last season when we played a very attractive attacking brand of football. When the chips were down though he reverted back to a direct 442. This is what I fear that if we do hit a rocky patch he will revert to type. So far it looks like he is willing to be less predictable change things up depending on opposition and on how the game is going. So far so good, we have still not played at our best yet this season, but the players and manager have showed they are capable of adapting to situations. It would be great if we could just comfortably win our next match and get a bit more belief in the fans and players.

What is safe to say is that many people on here still haven't learnt anything. ...moaning and slagging off the formation and starting eleven off before the game and even up until we're leading, then looking proper charlies when we end up winning again!

Great win yesterday but its just papering over the cracks.

Nothing's news been learnt by NP, who should of gone after the play off defeat.

Last chance saloon this season, promotion or we can say goodbye to the likes of Kasper, Nuge and Morgs who I expect to go to Forest in Jan.

I think we missed a trick by not going for Billy Davies, like him or loathe him he gets results.

He has certainly learned how to get results in tough away fixtures, the two games against Derby and Boro we may have lost before...

Going a goal down at Boro and coming back for a win was a great result. Grabbing a goal at Derby and holding on for the win was similarly great.

Thinking back to last season when we went a goal down to Blackburn away, we played some great stuff in that match, played them off the park really but ended up losing 2-1

Similarly at Brighton & Cardiff away we went 1-0 up, but mentally weren't strong enough to hold on for the win conceding goals to draw 1-1

Our performances haven't been great & we've not played anyone off the park yet, but mentally we look a lot stronger than last season.

Flowing passes and taking a chance on a run come with confidence, hopefully keeping piling on the points and we'll get confidence, especially if the fans can help out better at the KP.

And you remain a blinkered NP hater.

You sir, are totally ignorant. How many times do I have to say it?. I dislike him, but do not "hate him" and do not think he is worth £1,000,000 per year to this club, Please enlighten me as to why you believe he is.

Also, I have clearly stated that I will make no personal attacks on him until Xmas, allowing him the opportunity to prove me wrong.

Don't make up things, that suit your silly little ideals. Children today!

Great win yesterday but its just papering over the cracks.

Nothing's news been learnt by NP, who should of gone after the play off defeat.

Last chance saloon this season, promotion or we can say goodbye to the likes of Kasper, Nuge and Morgs who I expect to go to Forest in Jan.

I think we missed a trick by not going for Billy Davies, like him or loathe him he gets results.

Well, I for one totally concur. ( for the kiddies on this site, concur means agree )  lol  :thumbup:

Archived