Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Would you still support the owners if they sacked Nigel next season?

152 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support the owners if they sacked Nigel in December where we are bottom and after a poor start?

• Yes
    • No

The owners got the Sven sacking spot on for me. I think when you spend that much and are quite clearly a bang average side then the season is effectively a write-off barring a miracle.

Truth be told I lost faith in the 2011/12 season just three games in. Maybe a bit early I know, but I saw very little to convince me we were going up that year. Remember being absolutely livid after that Bristol City loss thinking... I hope this is just a blip. I wouldn't have condoned them sacking Sven just three games in but my fears were definitely confirmed a few weeks later and the Millwall loss really was so bad... he just had to go. We were a shambles and the longer he was here the more damage he was doing.

They've also got the Pearson appointment and backing of him spot on too. If there's one thing I'll give them credit for it's how they've handled their managers. Wasn't it Mandaric who brought Sven here? It was very easy to fall for the Sven hype at the time.

I'm glad we had Sven now. Now that we've actually got out of his shambolic reign we've got ourselves into a strong position with the lesson learned (you'd like to hope) that throwing money and banking on 'names' isn't the answer and never has been.

I think the journey to promotion, the things we've been through along the way, is going to be what keeps us up next year and it's why I have faith that this thread will remain largely hypothetical.

I think it was the Thais: they got rid of Sousa (who Mandaric brought in) to appoint Sven - I suspect because they saw it as a marketing advantage in Thailand. Didn't Sven work for that Thai crook who bought Man City for a while?

Other than that, I agree entirely with what you've said. I reckon that the Thais have been on a big learning curve since they bought City, but by backing Pearson last year, they have reaped the rewards. I just hope they bear that in mind when we find it a bit difficult in the Prem (as we will).

Archived