Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Time to strengthen the squad

No one knows, who, what level or how many players we tried to sign in the summer. No one knows if we failed due to contracts or because players just didn't fancy coming to lcfc.

Why people think that we did nothing else whilst trying to sign Cambiasso I don't know. I'm pretty sure we have a recruitment team capable of dealing with more than one transfer at a time.

I suspect that any player in the pl or with a decent pedigree from abroad would need some massive entitlement to settle for lcfc you can see that by looking at the players we did sign. So unless the club were prepared to spunk millions up the wall on transfer/wages a la qpr for players with somewhat dodgy motivation for signing it was always going to be difficult to get the quality we would have desired.

Hence we have aproblem of having a decent sized squad but not a significant difference between the quality of them.

Exactly.

Rob Mackenzie on twitter posted something the other day about players, which I think probably sums up the problem we faced.

"The gulf between top targets & others can often be very large. Therefore it's difficult if top targets become unavailable

Despite having hierarchical shortlists of 'similar' players, preferences certainly exist for top targets over the others"

Archived