Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Time to strengthen the squad

May get shot down for this, but all these current players getting new 3 and 4 year contracts and the club wouldn't give one of our best players last season a 2 year deal. Lloyd would have done a job at this level. He has what Mahrez, Albrighton and Knockaert lack, genuine pace and at any level that's an asset. Yes, his end product isn't brilliant, but I've yet to witness any great service from out wide so far this year. Whilst McManaman would be good I can't see Whelan dealing with us after the last transfer fiasco. Middlesboro have a couple of decent wingers we could have a look at. However, I do generally agree with the majority on here, will Championship players be any better than what we already have? I also feel, sadly,quality Premier players won't want to come to us, unless it's a loan deal where they can at least get some football (if they are lucky) for 4 months. The big mistake was not added quality in the Summer when there was a chance we could attract some decent players.

Scott Sinclair. Get this guy in and get him playing again, wasted talent.

Jermaine Defoe. Goals.

Phil Bardsley. Solid premiership defender.

Bryan Oviedo (Loan, if possible). Great before his injury, maybe a loan would be good for both parties.

Robert Huth. Vast experience.

I'd really like the top 2 down here. And at least 1 of the other 3 would be nice. I don't think they would cost much either.

I would say we need at least 1 striker. A left sided winger perhaps, let Jeff play at LB which I think is his best position. Maybe a centre back as well. Some premiership experience I think could be vital.

Premiership experience is vital yet you want to replace the player who has the most experience in our squad with someone who has very little experience (Konchesky/Schlupp) ??

Scott Sinclair and Jermaine Defoe, how good would that be? Not sure on Lambert, would be a good player at this level for us but we have Ulloa for the target man role, now need a proven finisher/poacher with a bit of pace. Connor Wickham hasn't signed a new contract yet, I wouldn't be surprised if we go in for him again.

I think we will sign a striker in January, may even be a big money signing at that. Nige was looking for more than one in the summer, having bid for many others like Deeney, McGoldrick, N'Doye etc... and I don't think anything that has happened between then and now will have changed his mind. In fact it may have even enhanced his belief that we need another striker. Nugent clearly can't cut it, Vardy is fast but needs to learn that sharpness of thinking, he doesn't seem to rate Wood and Ulloa is dragging himself more and more away from the striker position to try and get the ball.

I also think we may see another winger come in. Hopefully a left winger as Mahrez is a definite RW starter. Schlupp is decent but I'd prefer him at LB.

Added to that I'd like to see a more attack minded central midfielder.

3 quality signings. A lot easier said than done but I do honestly think we will certainly sign a striker and we will get a couple of others. Hopefully they are players that are better than we already have in certain positions. No more of this padding the squad out please.

Also, to add I think Mile jedinak is a must, he's far too good of a midfielder for crystal palace. I think it's similar to when gary Cahill was at Bolton in the sense that he's a class above his teammates

Too good for Palace so we should sign him. We must have some of the most arrogant fans in the country.

We need at least 3 or 4, all depends how well Konchesky & Schlupp can perform at left-back, while we might need another central midfielder depending on if we sell Hammond say, and if Drinkwater continues to struggle. 

A winger & a couple of Strikers is a must though.

Scott Sinclair
Daniel Wass
Clint Dempsey

Rudy Gestede

Any of them four will do.

A premier league standard striker, a left winger and a left back.

This. The entire left hand side needs changing, although Knockaert or Albrighton (meaning Mahrez switching to the left) should be given a decent chance before January to assess, especially with ACON on the horizon they need game time.

Whilst Wes and Was look solid, if a composed centre back were available with the requisite defensive abilities then I'd get someone in. I think we must be the most panicky team in the league when it comes to clearing dangerous situations. The couple of times we managed to play a pass out deep from the back yesterday resulted in James having acres of space in the middle of the park.

This. The entire left hand side needs changing, although Knockaert or Albrighton (meaning Mahrez switching to the left) should be given a decent chance before January to assess, especially with ACON on the horizon they need game time.

Whilst Wes and Was look solid, if a composed centre back were available with the requisite defensive abilities then I'd get someone in. I think we must be the most panicky team in the league when it comes to clearing dangerous situations. The couple of times we managed to play a pass out deep from the back yesterday resulted in James having acres of space in the middle of the park.

Need some pace down that side, although Schlupp does offer that it's often to little effect as he has no footballing brain and doesn't seem to want to go past players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, to add I think Mile jedinak is a must, he's far too good of a midfielder for crystal palace. I think it's similar to when gary Cahill was at Bolton in the sense that he's a class above his teammates

Seems very much like you were suggesting he'd sign for us, the mighty Leicester City, at the drop of a hat.

Jedinak would see us as a backward step

I think we might need to spend some money in January unfortunately, if we want to stay in the Premier League.

I stand by my assertion. 3 new signings.

Money has to be spent at this level if we are to retain Premiership football.

The big problem with the January window, is that good quality signings are hard to come by. This should have happened in the summer. It may well be that we shall rue Pearson's greatest mistake, Ulloa, and Cambiasso apart.

Archived