Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Thats that then!

The football league deadline is 5pm. Therefore the only way we can sign anyone is by loan! The premiership can still buy untill 12, surely this is unfair as it means they can steal lower league players and it gives the lower league teams no time to buy a replacement!

Yeah I don't get the 5pm for the football league / midnight to the Prem rule. Another ploy to widen the gap between the two leagues as it would be quite easy for a Premiership side to do as you suggested and snap up a player without anyway of getting a replacement.

It says the football league has an 'emergency loan facility' on bbc sport. I don't know if we can still deal with Scottish clubs... I wouldn't imagine so..

I believe the rule applies to buying clubs - a club, in the football league, that wants to buy a player must complete before 5pm, regardless of the players current 'location' - Prem league, League One, Scot Prem, etc etc...

Archived