Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_jme

N Block Thread -Just to clarify the plans...

I know I'll be slated for this amongst (what's left of) the Moderators and Admins, but I felt it served some purpose and needed posting anyway.

I have spoken to the club and they have confirmed to me that the N-Block will now be open to whoever wants to buy tickets there on a permanent basis this season - whether they are individual match-tickets or Season-Ticket Relocations.

The club will not be asking questions should you want to move there - you just buy tickets as you would normally on a matchday.

They are not going to be marketing the idea any longer either, so our performances inside the stadium, word of mouth, forums, the Mercury and Myspace will have to help us generate support for the idea and bump up the numbers.

Normal stadium regulations will apply there, meaning instead of banning the whole group from the area, just the troublemakers will be ejected and banned - the general feeling at the club is that people in our block have been well behaved in the 2 games we were there, though a couple of our fans threw coins at Cov unfortunately.

You all now have 2 weeks before the next home game (Leeds United), so there is no excuse for not actually sorting your tickets/relocations out!

Finally, if you have any queries that have not been answered in any previous threads, or I haven't covered in this initial post, then please feel free to post them here if they of any relevance. Alternatively, if you would like me to deal with your relocations, then please PM me with your Season Ticket Reference Number, and your first name and surname.

Thanks for all the support,

Jamie.

1) Why have the club decided to stop marketing the idea? Any reason given?

2) Cov need all the money they can get.

1) The club have told me on the phone that they view the whole idea as a success, and they are more than happy to allow us to continue in that area of the ground. They also went on to say to me that they didn't want the supporters to lose sight of the fact that this is something that fans have organised for the fans, and that they didn't want it to seem like the club were forcing the issue. Hence the reason it's all over to us now.

2) I agree with you seeing as they were throwing 1p and 2p coins, but that's not the point! :P

1) Why have the club decided to stop marketing the idea? Any reason given?

2) Cov need all the money they can get.

1) They can't be arsed.

2) Cov threw the money not the other way around?

btw jamie do we still get the drum?

1) The club have told me on the phone that they view the whole idea as a success, and they are more than happy to allow us to continue in that area of the ground. They also went on to say to me that they didn't want the supporters to lose sight of the fact that this is something that fans have organised for the fans, and that they didn't want it to seem like the club were forcing the issue. Hence the reason it's all over to us now.

:thumbup: Kudos to both them and you.

can we relocate fot the rest of the season and will it only take one trip tot the ticket office or will we have to go before every game?

if you PM jamie the detials he asked for at the start i think he'll be able to sort it out 4 ya

I have spoken to the club and they have confirmed to me that the N-Block will now be open to whoever wants to buy tickets there on a permanent basis this season - whether they are individual match-tickets or Season-Ticket Relocations.

Finally, if you have any queries that have not been answered in any previous threads, or I haven't covered in this initial post,

can we relocate fot the rest of the season and will it only take one trip tot the ticket office or will we have to go before every game?

Maybe a bit of a read next time? :P

Just to sort out the other part of it all, my understanding is that if you relocate on a permanent basis, it'll only involve a single trip to the Ticket Office with your Season Ticket, and then you should be fine after that.

:thumbup:

Is the drum ever coming back? I thought it was great. Helps sustain a chant long enough for people to catch onto it and all.

Right - the drum situation. There is a drum at least 3 times the size of the one we had at the Cov game. And the club would like us to, if we could, find somebody who would sit pitch-side with it to use it. It definitely will not be re-appearing in the stands due to the way the Coventry fans reacted to it - the club are keen to avoid a repeat performance what with coin-throwing and targeting etc.

If you have a season ticket then one trip to the ticket office is all it would take to relocate for good...they'll just reassign your number to a new seat and print off a confirmation slip.

Hmm... the logic behind the idea is good but I cannot hear any of you at all.

Separate thread if you wish to start one of those debates. I'm not having this thread closed down because some people wish to turn it into an N vs L vs Kop debate. I don't care who's the loudest. I'm not all that fussed. Post your own thread and say this. Please.

This is just so people know the situation regarding N Block so they can make their own minds up, or sort anything out that they didn't previously know. NOT an argument about noise levels.

Separate thread if you wish to start one of those debates. I'm not having this thread closed down because some people wish to turn it into an N vs L vs Kop debate. I don't care who's the loudest. I'm not all that fussed. Post your own thread and say this. Please.

This is just so people know the situation regarding N Block so they can make their own minds up, or sort anything out that they didn't previously know. NOT an argument about noise levels.

Should have just said "any reply to this comment will doubtless fall on deaf ears" ha ha.

I'll get me coat. :blush:

----------

As for the continuation of this project, it's good to read that the club views the project in positive enough light to allow it to continue. They've even allowed you the chance to distance yourself somewhat from the club which will surely help the perception of the group.

Just two small points which I'm sure I've not seen the answers to.

1) Have you guys decided on a formal name yet?

2) And did you give thought to a website onto which you could post vital information about the group?

Right - the drum situation. There is a drum at least 3 times the size of the one we had at the Cov game. And the club would like us to, if we could, find somebody who would sit pitch-side with it to use it. It definitely will not be re-appearing in the stands due to the way the Coventry fans reacted to it - the club are keen to avoid a repeat performance what with coin-throwing and targeting etc.

That's not for me I'm afraid. It is essential though - someone needs to make the sacrifice.

Just two small points which I'm sure I've not seen the answers to.

1) Have you guys decided on a formal name yet?

2) And did you give thought to a website onto which you could post vital information about the group?

1) Still haven't decided on a formal name yet to be honest - I haven't even checked the "temporary" site in a while. We'll take the results of that poll into consideration, and then we'll see about having a name. Though with over 400 people capable of being there at any one time, I don't know if it'll suit everybody's taste. For now we're just "N Block". lol

2) I have given thought to having a website, and, seeing as people persist on asking the same things over and over, which in turn is pissing off the people who run this site and leading to threads being closed, we will go ahead and get one in the not too-distant future - any help from yourself is much appreciated.

2) I agree with you seeing as they were throwing 1p and 2p coins, but that's not the point! :P

We understand the club's logic that this was a fans initiative is not lossed.

With that in mind we are happy to promote the section on the Trust website, suggest we work out the best way together via e-mail, Andy has our e-mail details

We understand the club's logic that this was a fans initiative is not lossed.

With that in mind we are happy to promote the section on the Trust website, suggest we work out the best way together via e-mail, Andy has our e-mail details

:thumbup:

Thanks for that, much appreciated. There should be an email on its way to the Trust in the next couple of days (probably Sunday) to sort out about promotion and the like. I'll get Andy to send one to you to see what you had in mind.

As much as I don't mind seeing ex-Moderators posting in this thread ('cos I love you all, y'know? :P:ph34r: ), I'd love to keep this thread on topic so for once it stays open.

Legend - I appreciate the comments mate, honestly, but can you just try to cut the MSN-style typing next time -Moderators and Admin hate it. Only thing! :P

1) Still haven't decided on a formal name yet to be honest - I haven't even checked the "temporary" site in a while. We'll take the results of that poll into consideration, and then we'll see about having a name. Though with over 400 people capable of being there at any one time, I don't know if it'll suit everybody's taste. For now we're just "N Block". lol

2) I have given thought to having a website, and, seeing as people persist on asking the same things over and over, which in turn is pissing off the people who run this site and leading to threads being closed, we will go ahead and get one in the not too-distant future - any help from yourself is much appreciated.

The reason I asked on both counts was, I'm willing to help where I can, to the extent I have described in private communication with you... but I would much much prefer to work on a project that has a proper name... or at least an agreed-upon domain name from which we can base things.

Hence, I'd prefer to begin work once a domain name has been decided on and secured. From such a starting point, it'll be a much happier project. haha. ;)

You should. Then you could get the mods to run a link from the Links page to help avoid some of the questions.

This is great news! Well, i will be relocating and next season too. Jamie, does that also mean they are willing to display posters that i designed or is that too closely connected to the club as i would like to think that a few promotional posters in the ticket office would raise the profile even more. Also, when are The Mercury running a story on Block N? That is the best piece of advertising we could hope for and it would clarify the situation further.

Are you hearing impaired kid?i hear em perfectly from l1.

great news by way lads but am wondering if theres any N block specific songs.

Not as of yet to be honest. We've only been in the N-Block for all of two games this season, and so not much thought has gone into that sort of thing. Especially with the uncertainty regarding our future in that block prior to last week.

Though I'm sure if the block fills up on a regular basis and we stay there permanently (not just for this season, but for seasons to come) then we will have a couple. Any suggestions are welcome (though if anybody has any, could they please go in the N-Block Atmosphere thread as this one is specifically for unanswered questions/information. Thanks.)

• 2 weeks later...

Topic closed.

N Block RIP killed by the SAG.

If something new of importance happens I can open it again.

Drop me a PM.

Archived