Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Hypothetical situation #4568

Big Sam  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Big Sam as our manager if it guaranteed survival next season

If the bookies knew it was gonna be Ranieri they'd have stopped taking bets. Leaving the betting open on a known result is basically giving money away.

Quite the opposite it's a chance to get some last min money on someone else to cover any losses they may have with a short price fav. I used to be a trader for a large bookmakers and a manager of a bookies. It happens trust me. I could be wrong and this saga is still up in the air but I have a feeling this is a big bluff on big Sam.

Quite the opposite it's a chance to get some last min money on someone else to cover any losses they may have with a short price fav. I used to be a trader for a large bookmakers and a manager of a bookies. It happens trust me. I could be wrong and this saga is still up in the air but I have a feeling this is a big bluff on big Sam.

i agree with this but they will only have a cartain amount they would be willing to use. with this market and nearly 50k matched on betfair i would say they can load a substantial loss on ranieri and still make....20% profit?

i agree with this but they will only have a cartain amount they would be willing to use. with this market and nearly 50k matched on betfair i would say they can load a substantial loss on ranieri and still make....20% profit?

It depends if they were able to lay off the bet they took this morning for Ranieri as they took several big bets at long odds on. They were placed within mins of each other so it could have caught them out. The fact that the exchange price on Ranieri is still smaller than you can get at other betting firms suggests that they are struggling to get money on anyone else. MON and SAM are easy to back on the exchanges which leads me to believe SAM is merely a bluff from the bookies. They need money back to cover payouts on Ranieri. That's my thoughts anyway

Tbf the drop on Claudio's making this look pretty on the money.

Archived