Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

French Article on Mahrez's career start

ENGLAND - PREMIER LEAGUE - J4 ​​- BOURNEMOUTH / LEICESTER - PORTRAIT
SATURDAY 29 AUGUST 2015
BY ROMAIN DUCHÂTEAU, IN SARCELLES
Riyad Mahrez, the darling of Sarcelles This is undoubtedly the biggest surprise of this season in the Premier League. Twenty-four years and Algerian international, Riyad Mahrez is currently the top scorer and the man everyone talks in Britain. But probably not as much as in his hometown, in Sarcelles. Before you get to where he is now, the midfielder has earned at home. Always with a balloon at the bottom. Back to the source, where it all began.

star-on.png star-on.png star-on.png star-on.png star-on.png
1 votes
img-avec-les-gants-de-souley-1440844823_
With gloves Souley.
The regulars know perhaps better than anyone. To get to the Nelson Mandela Sports Centre, we never really touch the ground. As a permanent feeling of vertigo as weightless on all these countless streets and through the endless avenues. Browse Sarcelles, commune located in the Val-d'Oise (95), offers an urban setting where old buildings and towers in abundance alongside a modern sketch. Arrived at its destination, it is a green horizon that opens. As a reward after the progress. While some improvised part of a neglected rugby field, others still prefer to enjoy the tranquility of a vacation to relax, despite a cloudy sky which will invite no light. A few meters away, they are complex dedicated to karate and swimming pool that present themselves to visitors. Then comes the first enclosure to decrepit football grandstands, the stadium Jacques-Brami.

capture-decran-2015-08-29-a-121142.png

Further, it is a synthetic field, renovated a few years ago on behalf of Philippe Christanval, one of the best known sarcellois children. At the edge of the field, assistance is taiseuse mood. Breathless promised the debacle in the regional U14 minutes of AAS Sarcelles facing the JA Drancy. Only seconds from the final whistle, Mohamed Coulibaly, technical director of the club in the middle of a rugby player, advances and exhibits. "It's  the same process each year, he began dressed all in black, the benevolent. Glance Four, five young people here go almost every year in the training center and the bases should be revised with new, which including discovering the matches on large lots.  "The greatest pride of the club could have been part of the annual quota of privileged. It has not happened.Riyad Mahrez, the current top scorer in the Premier League with Leicester and pure product of the suburbs sarcelloise, has not experienced any training center or the marked trails of glory. Its success, he went looking for her. Not without doubting. "In  terms of golf, that remains our greatest pride because it is atypical. It's the only one who has traveled such a  path, "engages in turn Ngongolo Guy, one of his first teachers. Because the stories are often the most unexpected.

capture-decran-2015-08-29-a-121408.png
Puny body and self confidence
At first glance, the story of Riyad Mahrez like so many others. That of a highly talented kid from the neighborhood and intended to shine at the top. Jumping for the current Algerian international (17 caps), his talent has not been immediately obvious. Far from there. During his early years with ASA Sarcelles, who also built very early, it is only an ordinary young, lambda or frankly any. A technical player like the Parisian suburbs offer in abundance, but also served by a puny physique. "Riyadh  was thirteen, fourteen years old when he arrived at the AAS Sarcelles. It was a basic, any player who was not in a team, situates Nzete Ate, former general manager of the club, with the conviction of those who know what they are talking. It was nothing special good. He nonetheless joined the sports section, a system set up with the city of Sarcelles. It was like the models sport school with Chanteraine College, located near the club.   "Mohamed Coulibaly, who knew at the time in juniors, he also remembers the chaotic beginnings Mahrez:" Initially, his technique allowed him to get by. But when he went to football eleven, it was harder for him because he was late morphologically between twelve and sixteen. He was small and had no physical impact required. Because of this, it's been a little difficult for him for three, four years. He played in a team B. At the time, there were the federal championships 14 years, the highest level in this age group. With this visibility, players were able to integrate professional clubs.He, however, was really in the dark.  "For a long time, even. But even if he fails to attract light, the kid repeat at will and who will listen: it will become a professional player. A dream that then all of a challenge. "I  then remember that all his friends were signing training center, a friend who was watching in his college told me that Riyadh claimed that he would become a professional player. He had great confidence in him when he could not even playing in a team. It showed a great strength of character even when  "added Coulibaly, anxious to restore the past with veracity. This unwavering tenacity, sometimes mocked by some, will first guide in the older categories.

capture-decran-2015-08-29-a-121825.png
"Technically,  he knew everything. His left foot was already like a hand  "
For, as the years passed, Riyadh finally grows. Is expanding a little more physically. While continuing to develop and perfect his technique DHR. "At  seventeen, he had a click. He started to developphysically, says Coulibaly. It began in reserve team the first part of the season before switching to the first team during the second half. There he was found. He scored the decisive blows francs important goals. ""  It was in that U19 has everything exploded. He took the snap and turned a corner. I did it then climb seniors. And what he did in U19, he remade it into seniors. It was above the lot  technically,"said in turn Guy Ngongolo, seated in a local club, tap their feet, before blowing as a pithy phrase:"  He knew everything, his left foot was already as a hand.  "This technique, which has become over the years more and more refined, the Sarcellois has worked again and again. Tirelessly. With the passion of football as the only engine. Rocked by the leg trimmings Brazilian Ronaldo and Zidane wheels on the left devours unconditionally football. Whether in the streets of his Sablons district or even on vacation, in Algeria, in his village of Beni Snous. "He  continued to play even after games, fun Guy Ngongolo. It has a gym and club remained there often late, sometimes until four in the morning. He loves football too.  "Same story in the mouth of Nzete Ate:"  My sister lived in the same building as him, and every time I went in the corner, I saw him with a ball. Whether at 21h, 22h or 23h, he was playing.It was always particularly walls with a friend. If you propose him to go have a drink, it will inflate. But if that's a match, then it will be starting directly. And every time he comes to play, it is with the conviction."Even today, although it is professional, he never refuses a game of football in England or among friends when he returns to Sarcelles. It, too, that same deep and visceral love that led him to hold onto his dream. Even sometimes fly out of the blue for testing in Spain, Romania and Scotland. "In  Scotland, I remember it was late afternoon and we were down to his home when the club was called,recalls Sofian Seghiri, one of his friends childhood. They told him that there was a flight to Beauvais for 21h. He did not even try to find out where he went, he went live!  "

In the name of the father
Efforts have paid off in the end. Aware that Riyadh has something different, Nzete Ate decided in 2009 to play his address book to give a hand to her foal. One that will neither more nor less tipping his fate."We  were discussing Riyadh with Guy near the synthetic stage by saying that he had to do something for him. It was 22h and Riyadh was returning from a jog with his friend Bilel, who also played inSarcelles, says Ate, with barely concealed joy. He kept saying that he wanted to break, I asked him if he was ready to leave: he said yes. I called a friend of Quimper, who said he was just looking for an explosive and technical lefty. I said in Riyadh that was not paying her bills and that if he wanted to succeed, he had to fend for himself. "The result, Riyadh has to do that himself. In Quimper (2009-2010) in CFA, he learns. In Le Havre (2010-2013), he reveals. And since January 2014, is Leicester who succumbed to delicate caresses the left. Unfathomable pride for the whole town. "The  effect was crazy Riyadh impact in the city. A real  bomb, "summarized elsewhere Ate.

capture-decran-2015-08-29-a-122458.png

But especially for the current player Foxes, who had vowed to himself to succeed his father, who died in 2006. In his youth, his father constantly followed with his older brother, Wahid, during training and matches. "Our  father dreamed of seeing a professional day. If Riyadh is now, it is mostly a reward for him, "pours Wahid first fan of his younger brother. A tragic loss that has matured while he was still a teenager of fifteen. "This  is a very religious person, who has a great religious conviction (Riyadh is Muslim, note) says Youssef Ghanmi, one of his closest friends. During this difficult period was a turning point in its life, he began to pray seriously and goes to the mosque regularly since. The death of his father made ​​him aware of things he took more responsibility after that.  "If he now stands as the flagship of the city of Sarcelles, Riyad Mahrez has not changed despite recognition. Always close to his and his family still close to its roots (Algerian and Moroccan origins), always the same modesty, it comes from a former housekeeper mother in a clinic and an electronics father. Still, most importantly, the same immoderate love for football as its debut quarter. "I  have not learned football training centers. I stay in my whole way of thinking about football, he exposed himself to Newsouest in 2013.For me, it should be all about fun. I'm still in this carelessness.  "No doubt the best tribute he could get to Sarcelles.

By Romain Duchâteau, in Sarcelles

Archived