Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Durnerz

Alan Maybury

Is it just me or is Alan Maybury not maintaining the high standards he set for himself last season? I know constant rotation between Left and Right back can't be easy but some of his performances of late havn't been good enough in my opinion, Richard Stearman seems much more composed and drives forward a lot more with purpose plus wins his headers at the back, surely on current form Stearman should be in ahead of Maybury.Thoughts?

I haven't seen as many games as you but from what I have seen I'd agree. I haven't been very impressed by Maybury this season. We all know what a great player he is but quite frankly he's been average at best when I've seen him.

Another underperformer this season. :(

I haven't seen as many games as you but from what I have seen I'd agree. I haven't been very impressed by Maybury this season. We all know what a great player he is but quite frankly he's been average at best when I've seen him.

Another underperformer this season. :(

I'm hoping it's only temporary....

Is it just me or is Alan Maybury not maintaining the high standards he set for himself last season? I know constant rotation between Left and Right back can't be easy but some of his performances of late havn't been good enough in my opinion, Richard Stearman seems much more composed and drives forward a lot more with purpose plus wins his headers at the back, surely on current form Stearman should be in ahead of Maybury.Thoughts?

I know it's a crap view in the away end at Cardiff but i thought he had a decent game.

We are going to lose away to worse teams then Cardiff this season believe me

I don't know what's wrong with Maybury. Along with Hughes, he was one of our better performers in the second half of last season. I am a great believer in picking someone on form and not reputation, but Levein will tend select his favourites (Maybury, de Vries and now Kisnorbo it seems), irrespective of their form.

Not really true. He's been playing fine. He is terrible at left back, but he is not a left back. Which is why the people who want to get Stearman in at right back are barking up the wrong tree idea wise, it is not the right direction to go in, fortunately Levein has realised this.

Not really true. He's been playing fine. He is terrible at left back, but he is not a left back. Which is why the people who want to get Stearman in at right back are barking up the wrong tree idea wise, it is not the right direction to go in, fortunately Levein has realised this.

It's all about opinions, so you can't say it's 'not really true'.

I'm basing this from a right back perspective. It's harsh to slate him for his performances at left back when he's evidently not comfortable there.

However, can you honestly say he has been as good as last season? To me, he's letting opponents get past him too easily, with plenty of crosses coming in from that side. He's also not getting forward as much as he did. Although I will say that Sylla has been a right lazy git at times and has often left Maybury exposed.

Archived