Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burleyfox

Assault on The Fox

Banner headline on sports pages of tonight's Yorkshire Evening Post:-

Fowler- I was quizzed by Police over spat with Filbert The Fox

"It all came about at Filbert Street one of my favourite hunting grounds. That season I had already

scored a hat-trick for Liverpool there, and I scored for Leeds when we visited in March. I had one of my better games for the club, creating the other goalin a 2-0 win. I left feeling pretty satisfied with myself, not least because that win had put us back on track a bit, gave us an outside chance of reaching the Champions League.

On Monday at the Leeds training ground at Thorpe Arch, one of the office lads came running over, saying the police were in the complex wanting to interview me. What For - was my first thought. Surely it couldn't be anything to do with when I'd shown my arse there eight years earlier? When I got in, they sat me down and with a real sense of gravity, they said that they were investigating a claim of serious assault committed by me at Filbert Street at approximately 2.35pm on Saturday 23rd March 2002. My head was popping, and my eyes were as wide as saucers. Serious assault, Jesus this was heavy stuff. For the life of me though, I couldn;t get my head round it, because nothing had happened there for once, nothing at all. So I got a bit panicky, and started to shout "What's all this about? Who am I supposed to have assaulted? Who has made these trumped up accusations against me?" The policemen, who had travelled all the way up from Leicester, looked at each other and then said, graver still "Filbert The Fox". I couldn't help laughing out loud and then I blurted "But he's got a three foot thick stuffed head, how could I ever have assaulted him?"

When we had been warming up, I was moving around kicking some balls at the Leicester mascot, chasing up behind him where he couldn't see me. And then, as I ran past him, I clipped him on his three foot thick furry head and ran away. That was it, a little tap around his big fat head.

But the bloody idiot had complained to the police and they were duty bound to travel to travel all the way up the motorway to unterview me! Suffice to say it never went any further but I'd love to know what the press would have made of that one if they had got hold of it!! "

- any idependent witnesses to help "Plod" with their enquiries?

- any idependent witnesses to help "Plod" with their enquiries?

Not with that one, but I remember Filbert causing some havoc before the last match of 94-95 away at Watford. I think Watford had a Hornet mascot, and there was another stuffed creature (a pig or two, maybe a bear?) there as well. Looked like it was going to get pretty nasty at one stage.

Not with that one, but I remember Filbert causing some havoc before the last match of 94-95 away at Watford. I think Watford had a Hornet mascot, and there was another stuffed creature (a pig or two, maybe a bear?) there as well. Looked like it was going to get pretty nasty at one stage.

lollollol;):thumbup:

Remember it well. That was the game Muzzy got us into the play-offs. And the mascots were getting a bit shirty with each other. Weren't they doing some kind of race, but started tripping each other up, which resulted in a bit of a free for all?

Archived