Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Are Everton Going The Way Of Ipswich

That is in Europe only to be relegated.

After Losing 5-1 to Dinamo Bucharest and 1 win / 3 points from 4 games it's looking a good bet.

Mind you they've probably spent most of the last 10/15 years skirting with relegation so maybe their time is finally up.

I certainly think they've been riding on a breaking wave.

And football can be merciless. When you're on the downward slope confidence drains. Desperation and nervousness creep in. You end up trying blanket defence methods to try and steal a point off the top teams (but keep losing by the odd goal) then find that all the struggling teams fancy they can beat you and play out of their skins.

People you might buy to salvage the situation often don't want to board a leaking ship and the end result of this vicious, bladed, circle is that it gradually envelopes you til you finally fall down the hole it makes.

I was tempted to conclude that I just can't see them QUITE going down but on reflection I don't know that they will QUITE stay up. The thing is that everything will be a bonus to the lesser name clubs who are EXPECTED to go down and you can just see all taking points off clubs like Everton.

Nasty...

That is in Europe only to be relegated.

After Losing 5-1 to Dinamo Bucharest and 1 win / 3 points from 4 games it's looking a good bet.

Mind you they've probably spent most of the last 10/15 years skirting with relegation so maybe their time is finally up.

The second side i've seen flirting with relegation (other side being Southampton, and their luck ran out last season) so maybe Everton's luck may run out.

:whistle:

Archived