Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

the only way to beat us

There is a lesson here - vardy (and his agent) started this thing... and now if he goes he will be rich but unhappy with his football.  If he stays he may enjoy the football but wish he had arsenal wages.  By starting this, vardy has ensured he will not be happy what ever he does. It's sad.

I have posted before that the reason we won the league is down to a conjunction of many things - vardy was a piece of the jigsaw - but there are many other pieces too.  I believe our success is "stable". Even if man city or utd discover consistent winning ways (as we have) I believe we will be there or there abouts this season (I would be gutted if we don't finish top six ) and I believe we have a reasonable chance of winning the pl again.. next season or the one after.  Ranieri would always have to mange the succession and the  introduction of 2 or 3 first team players each season to turn the side over every 5 or 6 years - with our owner he can do this.

I am hoping vardy will stay (richer, yes) - but I would be more worried if Ranieri left. I believe we will win more silver than arsenal in the next few seasons... because as they were. is "right" at our club - they have to manage the wenger transition...

Great post, and your first paragraph is spot on in showing the sad dilemma a player can get into from the unscrupulous and self-seeking actions of his agent. I think you are absolutely correct that Vardy may well find himself pitched into a situation where he will be unhappy and regretful whichever choice he makes, and may well wish that things had been left as they were.

Archived