Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ikon_Klow

Player ratings - Blackpool

Hey guys

Really interested to know what people thought of each players performance last night.

I (like a lot people) didn't go last night.

I was really pleased to see such a youthful looking

line up and chuffed to bits that Levein is very interested in pushing the youth through to the first team.

Just look at the reserve team! Incredible, I remember when the reserves used to pack full of senior players and the youth never got a look in. Well done Craig Levein. I may sometimes question you as a tactician but I have every confidence in you taking this club forwards.

Carry on the good work.

Hey guys

Really interested to know what people thought of each players performance last night.

I (like a lot people) didn't go last night.

I was really pleased to see such a youthful looking

line up and chuffed to bits that Levein is very interested in pushing the youth through to the first team.

Just look at the reserve team! Incredible, I remember when the reserves used to pack full of senior players and the youth never got a look in. Well done Craig Levein. I may sometimes question you as a tactician but I have every confidence in you taking this club forwards.

Carry on the good work.

I don't think sheffieldfox does the cup games so this can be it if you want. :thumbup:

Are Sheehan and Hamill really not that good? I haven't seen either of them play yet.

I thought this was a very average performance from Sheehan, He has played much better. Some reckon Hamill's good this is the first I've seen of him he didn't do anything wrong in fact his corners were better than Williams's but he was fairly anonymous I thought. I'm sure others will disagree.

For me a 5 doesn't say they are bad just average.

Douglas - 6

Wasn't troubled at all.

Stearman - 7

Supported Sylla down the right and fulfilled his defensive duties well.

McCarthy - 6

You always feel he's going to concede a free kick with his blatant man handling. Apart from that, he was OK.

Johansson - 6

Wasn't troubled against a one man attack and had plenty of time on the ball to pick out passes (Usually long ones) Caught out by their pacey (Sub) striker Parker, who nipped in to score the equaliser following a ball over the top.

Sheehan - 6

Decent enough and offered us an attacking option down the left. A few mistakes, but nothing drastic. Needs to be given a number of games.

Sylla - 6

In and out of the game. Showed some lovely tricks, but needs to be quicker and more decisive in what he wants to do.

Gudjonsson - 8*

MOTM. Everywhere in midfield again and was given more license to go forward with Kisnorbo alongside him.

Hamill - 5

Anonymous most of the time and didn't provide us much on either flank. Decent set pieces though.

Hammond - 6

Full of energy and enthusiasm, but the same old problem with finishing rearing it's ugly head again.

de Vries - 7

Wasn't particularly great, with a number of balls bouncing off him. However, he scored the goals and did display some moments of class, albeit briefly.

Super Sub: Jase - 7

35 minutes of genius. Well, he put in a great cross!

Hughes - 7

Only on for 15 minutes, but a class above.

:o:blush:

I'm so used to typing his name first for the player ratings. :ph34r:

Didnt you read the other ratings before. have to admit, i copied/paste someone elses player list, but i had to change the numbers, sheehan 5 davieg? What does the guy have to do, curl one in like alberto carlos :whistle:

Didnt you read the other ratings before. have to admit, i copied/paste someone elses player list, but i had to change the numbers, sheehan 5 davieg? What does the guy have to do, curl one in like alberto carlos :whistle:

No, because I don't like to be influenced by other people's ratings.

Sheffs guide to player ratings

5 - Not a good performance but did not disgrace himself.

I thought that was the level of his performance, he's done better in my estimation. Would be boring and pointless if we all scored the same don't you think.

Benji and I scored him 5, Scowy 6, You 7, makes you the odd one out up to now ;)

Sheffs guide to player ratings

I thought that was the level of his performance, he's done better in my estimation. Would be boring and pointless if we all scored the same don't you think.

Benji and I scored him 5, Scowy 6, You 7, makes you the odd one out up to now ;)

yup, remember we weve playing blackpool so no matter how well he'd play he would never get over a 7 unless he scored a hat trick or something. He made a few mistakes and was left for dead once or twice but in no way played poorly so 5 is average score

McCarthy, Sheehan and Kisnorbo 5?

Did you watch the same game? :P

yep, sheehan and mccarthy were very average against a poor attacking side (bar their right winger)

kisnorbo was awful, i gave him a 5 cus i wasnt in the mood for giving him a stupid score, but i would have given him a 3 if i was being honest

Would be boring and pointless if we all scored the same don't you think.

Not a good performance? what did he do wrong?

It would be boring if this website didnt have alternative opinions to shake its arse.

No, 7 is the right number, he didnt do anything wrong.

yep, sheehan and mccarthy were very average against a poor attacking side (bar their right winger)

kisnorbo was awful, i gave him a 5 cus i wasnt in the mood for giving him a stupid score, but i would have given him a 3 if i was being honest

I don't agree. I thought Kisnorbo was successful at pushing back many balls at midfield. Sheehan was not bad but cannot recall specifics right now.

As to McCarthy, he didn't get a yellow card ( :) ), he committed only 3 fouls (but won many free kicks), he got so many headers I lost count and he pushed forward in the second half, starting a positive spell which culminated in the second DeVries goal. Not a bad day's work in my books...

yup, remember we weve playing blackpool so no matter how well he'd play he would never get over a 7 unless he scored a hat trick or something. He made a few mistakes and was left for dead once or twice but in no way played poorly so 5 is average score

Ask the tottenham fulham southampton and man city clubs if they were "only" playing grimsby, lincoln mansfield or doncaster? 0-1 5-4 0-1 1-1 pens 3-0

It would be boring if this website didnt have alternative opinions to shake its arse.

Lush, you are so wrong on this.

He was caught out of position on a couple of occasions and his distribution was not good either for some of the time. This was against a poor side.

I'm not saying this to slag him off because he is an obvious talent but don't blow smoke up his arse unnecessarily.

That's your opinion, it doesn't make it a fact something you seem difficult to accept, I don't have justify my ratings to you or anyone else.

Lush, you are so wrong on this.

He was caught out of position on a couple of occasions and his distribution was not good either for some of the time. This was against a poor side.

I'm not saying this to slag him off because he is an obvious talent but don't blow smoke up his arse unnecessarily.

This poor side only lost by one goal away from home to a bigger club.

That's your opinion, it doesn't make it a fact something you seem difficult to accept, I don't have justify my ratings to you or anyone else.

I agree totally, thats what makes a good chat forum. Do you find it difficult to accept my opinion ;) please dont justify yourself to me, im in stickes still from the last time ;)lol

Archived