Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frenzied

Interesting view on 4-5-1

They are World Class players, you dont need to be world class to be classed as either a good player or a premeire ship player, also Gareth Williams is 23 years old and can look very good in the Chmpionship at times. to say he can't grow into a premeirship player is selling him short.

There also very good, and williams isnt very good, hes alright. Ive seem equally good players at sunday league level, but never been spotted. I never said he cant grow to become premiership, i said his potential to do so for next season is not good. City need to have players that can do just that, else were not going to get promoted. Last season florest had lots of 3rd division players, hence thats where they are now.

I am not classing Gudjonsson as world class, i'm classing him as a very good championship player. It will be good to see him up against a premiership team in the cup this season. We haven't any world class players and probably won't for a very long time, I was merely saying that Gudjonsson's performances this season have been excellent and he'd be an asset to any club in this league perhaps higher.

As for Williams again I stated that premiership clubs have been watching him, now they know alot more about football than we do and if they rate him then it's pretty fair to say he's got the potential to play in the premiership. I rate Williams, as do many fans. Some don;t as they claim he doesn't turn it on for 90 minutes but if we play to his strengths and get him more involved then again he's going to be a very good player.

Hes not a very good championship player. Please explain his excellent performances this season?

Which person(s) at these premier clubs have made statements suggesting williams is very good, or that they "rate him"?

I think williams has more potential than joey for sure, but williams whole attitude on the pitch is like mdv and dubs, they like looking good and gesturing with their arms as if to say to the fans, look im trying. GET YOUR ARSES INTO GEAR AND PLAY FOOTBALL, THATS WHAT WE PAY YOU TO DO. WE DONT PAY YOU TO LOOK LIKE CELEBRITIES OR POP STARS.

In contrast, young weso, sheehan and stearman just play football, they dont act to the crowd, they have natural ability. These and others like maybury nisse macarthy have a natural desire to play and win at football. Their playing attitude is of getting the ball and using it to the teams advantage. sylla is a showman, hammond just runs all day and all night, with guidance he`ll score a plenty im sure.

Hes not a very good championship player. Please explain his excellent performances this season?

Which person(s) at these premier clubs have made statements suggesting williams is very good, or that they "rate him"?

I think williams has more potential than joey for sure, but williams whole attitude on the pitch is like mdv and dubs, they like looking good and gesturing with their arms as if to say to the fans, look im trying. GET YOUR ARSES INTO GEAR AND PLAY FOOTBALL, THATS WHAT WE PAY YOU TO DO. WE DONT PAY YOU TO LOOK LIKE CELEBRITIES OR POP STARS.

In contrast, young weso, sheehan and stearman just play football, they dont act to the crowd, they have natural ability. These and others like maybury nisse macarthy have a natural desire to play and win at football. Their playing attitude is of getting the ball and using it to the teams advantage. sylla is a showman, hammond just runs all day and all night, with guidance he`ll score a plenty im sure.

Of course they haven't made statement like this, when have clubs ever done this about players they don't own? Foxes Trust stated that premiership clubs were looking at Williams alot last season hence teams in the premiership must rate him. Why would teams watch him on a number of occasions if they thought he was crap?

Of course they haven't made statement like this, when have clubs ever done this about players they don't own? Foxes Trust stated that premiership clubs were looking at Williams alot last season hence teams in the premiership must rate him. Why would teams watch him on a number of occasions if they thought he was crap?

Just because prem teams have watched him alot, doesnt mean they rate him. Give me some evidence of this rating? Has a prem team(s) made an offer, have they enquired as to his status, are they still pursuing him?

Of course, just because a prem team watch and show an interest in a championship player, doesnt mean that player is any good, peter taylor/akinbadby is a prime example.

Please explain joey`s excellent performances this season?

Just because prem teams have watched him alot, doesnt mean they rate him. Give me some evidence of this rating? Has a prem team(s) made an offer, have they enquired as to his status, are they still pursuing him?

Of course, just because a prem team watch and show an interest in a championship player, doesnt mean that player is any good, peter taylor/akinbadby is a prime example.

Please explain joey`s excellent performances this season?

Man City were rumoured to have put a bid in.

Gudjonsson was excellent against Wolves, Blackpool, Stoke, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday.

Man City were rumoured to have put a bid in.

Gudjonsson was excellent against Wolves, Blackpool, Stoke, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday.

Rumours run rife in professional football :rolleyes: its just hearsay mate.

I meant, describe to me the excellent play in which joey showed this season?

Rumours run rife in professional football :rolleyes: its just hearsay mate.

I meant, describe to me the excellent play in which joey showed this season?

Last season we lacked a player who could battle in midfield and do it successfully. We lacked a player who would get the ball and make useful passes and generally keep things ticking over for 90 minutes. Gudjonsson this season is many games i've seen has done this and in my opinion has won the midfield battle in matches. Against Wolves where both teams were very defensive, Gudjonsson was the only one who was running all over the pitch to get the ball anbd even in tight spaces he managed to pass the ball without giving it away.

Again on tuesday against Blackpool he was our driving force from the centre of midfield and he is playing both defensive and attacking midfield roles very well this season.

Can you give me some examples of why he hasn't played well this season and mistakes he's made?

As for the Williams lark, there are alot of rumours in football and most of them aren't true but Man City and Sunderland were both interested in him and Man City had him watched alot. Perhaps they decided he was crap, perhaps they couldn't afford him i'm not sure. But you've asked me to explain why I think he's got potential to play in the premiership and I have done and I have every right to use the fact that premiership clubs have been scouting him to back up my argument.

I think CL's starting point has got to be picking his best XI players, and then putting them in the most logical formation. The CCC doesn't require the same chess-like tactics of the Premiership. You just need good players, then to organise them well and hopefully have 2-3 guys who can get the goals up front.

IF we were to attempt a 4-5-1/4-3-3, my team would most probably be:

Douglas

Full-backs: Maybury and Johansson

Centre-backs: McCarthy and Gerrbrand or Stearman

Midfield "3": Gudjonsson, Hughes and Kisnorbo (defensive) or Williams (attacking)

Hammond and Hume provide the pace and the width, either playing deeper, or alongside....

De Vries.

I think I prefer plain old 4-4-2, however. After all, the last time we were promoted under Micky, it worked fine and got us 92 points.

Gudjonsson this season is many games i've seen has done this and in my opinion has won the midfield battle in matches. Against Wolves where both teams were very defensive, Gudjonsson was the only one who was running all over the pitch to get the ball anbd even in tight spaces he managed to pass the ball without giving it away.

Again on tuesday against Blackpool he was our driving force from the centre of midfield and he is playing both defensive and attacking midfield roles very well this season.

Can you give me some examples of why he hasn't played well this season and mistakes he's made?

As for the Williams lark, there are alot of rumours in football and most of them aren't true but Man City and Sunderland were both interested in him and Man City had him watched alot. Perhaps they decided he was crap, perhaps they couldn't afford him i'm not sure. But you've asked me to explain why I think he's got potential to play in the premiership and I have done and I have every right to use the fact that premiership clubs have been scouting him to back up my argument.

Oh ok, IYO hes won the midfield battles. IMO your wrong. Ive seen joey run around, pass the ball side ways at best, yes make some good tackles, but also found wanting at crucial stages when the opposition put us under attack. Hes not rubbish, but hes certainly not very good, hes average. He hasnt scored from open play, i dont remember a shot on target, but many well wide. His and everyone elses performances are not based on the good they do, but also on the rubbish, you put them together to make a qualified case.

IF, he`d made no errors, then you can only say he does good, he hasnt even done that, hence very average.

Tiatto runs all over the pitch, but many think its not good enough.

Dont get me wrong, i`d LOVE joey to be top class, and be able to praise the guy att all levels, but you have to be realistic. All in all, we need players that can play premiership football NEXT season. In all fairness, we cannot see joey being that kind of player, we must find better.

But Ric, just because premiership clubs have watched williams, doesnt mean hes any good, they havnt even taken him on loan to look at him. Its a poor explanation, if indeed its true.

Archived